Anyone guinea pig these before?

wanna argue about racelands and ohlins? wanna talk about stiffening up your chassis? wanna stiffen the club's chassis? post here
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

Anyone guinea pig these before?

postby bigx5murf » 11/01/13 @ 22:31

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... Code=Miata

They seem cheaper and made of better materials than the AWR ones. Still suspect of fitment though.
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
phillyb™
//banned

Re: Anyone guinea pig these before?

postby phillyb™ » 11/01/13 @ 22:52

no. and thankfully, i won't even think about replacing these for a long time. hahaha
don't get caught
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

postby bigx5murf » 11/01/13 @ 22:59

yea, most people won't, you need a big front sway bar and really sticky tires to break those. I've been using the RB blocks, but I've heard that's just delaying the mounts from breaking.
iRoadster
i'm getting there...

postby iRoadster » 11/02/13 @ 14:18

I've had a set of these (I got the black ones from Goodwin Racing) kind of sway bar mounts for years, but I've never bothered to put them on. I have also, still never seen an install of these done anywhere on the Internet. I destroyed the stock mounts within the first six months of having my car (too much dori dori) with just a Jackson Racing sway and shitty tires.

It seems that if you have power steering still, that you have to feed the hard line through the driver's side mount. Which sounds like a pain. You have to remove the radiator to install these as well.

While I would like to put my front sway back on someday, I'd probably end up having to pay someone to do it for me. Plus no front sway is better for sliding around.

Why do you say the fitment is suspect? They do look kind of odd, but it has an interference fit, so I'd think it would have to be pressed in with a jack or something.
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

postby bigx5murf » 11/02/13 @ 15:44

The black ones you got were probably the AWR ones, those are known to fit, albeit with tedious installation. It's also a lot more open where you're supposed to feed the power steering lines through.

These are cheaper, and full stainless steel, which is good. But have 2 holes for feeding PS lines, bad. Also, no install instructions, and I can't find anyone who's used them.

return to “suspension and chassis shit”