How many times have you wanted to get rid of your miata?

see something cool on the road? rice of the day? do you know what jumper cables are?
Trentin
workin' it in

How many times have you wanted to get rid of your miata?

postby Trentin » 01/07/16 @ 10:29

Hey CPB, I Have a 1993 Crystal White Almost bone stock miata. I haven't been on here in forever, mostly because my car has been not running and parked for months :facepalm: , moved last year and drove it from the old house to the new one and parked it and it hasn't moved since. Battery died and it had a bad A/C compressor before that, been considering just bypassing the A/C compressor and just getting the shorter belt for power steering and no A/C, Is this a safe option until I can either afford to buy a new compressor or find the time to remove it? Got real discouraged after spending a ton of money (for me) doing a timing belt change early to mid 2015 and only got to drive it a couple weeks before I sheared all 4 bolts off the harmonic balancer and had my camshaft bolt fall out at a stoplight. after I got new bolts and put everything back together (this time with properly torqued bolts and loctite on the camshaft bolt) drove it for another month or so before the compressor went out and started squeaking like no other. I didn't know what it was and it was making noises similar to the same noises it made when the bolts sheared off (belt squeel and quiet knocking noises) been on and off considering selling it to get something bigger (being a 6' 2" fat dude) Does anyone think it's worth the time, money, and effort?

And the original question in the title "How many times have you wanted to get rid of your miata?"

Is this just some phase every angsty miata owner goes through? :kitty:

TL;DR ..... 93 miata being stupid, should I keep the damn thing?
white 93, sadly still bone stock.

owner of @MiataLife Instaphag page.
Mazduh
//elite

Re: How many times have you wanted to get rid of your miata?

postby Mazduh » 01/07/16 @ 22:07

Not really ever.. I'm one of those people that buys a car for life. I'll always have some iteration of a Miata forever. I don't jump from platform to platform to platform.
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
GeorgeG5
//elite

postby GeorgeG5 » 01/08/16 @ 12:41

A couple times and meow I've actualy sold it, I feel miserable lol
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 01/12/16 @ 15:50

It was a couple of times during the first year. meow I feel I am kinda stuck with it haha. If I just could find out why it uses so much oil :brokenheart:
99' Miata
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 01/14/16 @ 18:42

I'm waning on mine meow. Only because I am not in the position to have more than two vehicles and I need to get something more practical. It's also developed some small issues that are annoyances to me but not easy to track down and fix, squeaks, rattles, and such.

I'll end up selling the Miata and a bike, and buying a 4th Gen SS or a new Focus ST this summer. Plus keeping the truck and one bike.
1990 Miata, SNC 1.6, DIY Randall, R-Package Lip, Overnight parts from Japan.
1979 XS650, far from stock.
1995 Sportster, 'merica. Wrecked.
2007 Sportster, 'merica 2.0.
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 01/16/16 @ 00:38

Never.

I hardly ever sell a car once it's mine. Financial issues and medical complications have been the only true reasons for unloading cars in the past.

....however, the 90' has been sitting and developed what appears to be a short to ground. When car is running, all four parking lights dimly come on as well as the instrument cluster turn signal arrows. Try to turn on the headlights and the car dies. I'll find the short someday.
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out / 89' PitCrew :unicorn:
slyskiller
jailbait

postby slyskiller » 01/18/16 @ 14:15

I think I only thought about selling mine once, and when I finally did, I didn't look back. I don't really regret it but I know the pain you are going through. My current project has been a nightmare for me and I've contemplated selling it multiple times, but every time I get behind the wheel, I want to keep it. If it makes you super happy, I think you should keep it and fix it. If you don't see the value in it, then just toss it for something better. Cars are come and go. They're only worth keeping if they make you happy in the end. I know that once I get my Golf street legal and back on the road, I'll be the happiest camper in the world.

For your Miata, you should just delete the A/C. The car has the ability to remove the top if it gets too hot. Living in CA, I have never had a car with A/C (except for my E34 daily driver right meow) and I don't need it at all.

return to “general car discussion”