Lotus rear diffuser

see something cool on the road? rice of the day? do you know what jumper cables are?
Royal-Stretch
still a n00b

Lotus rear diffuser

postby Royal-Stretch » 10/16/13 @ 09:26

Hey guys, the thought has been running through my head about adding a rear diffuser to compliment my front splitter. meow i know it may seem stupid on a street car however ive absolutely fallen in love with that aggressive look it gives our cars.

Obviously ill have to cut into the rear bumper but i wanted to know how you would go about installing one? I have access to a machine shop so making brackets is no problem and im not exactly a total shmuck when it comes to cars so installation wont be troubling.

Just trying to get some possible tips from those who have done this before me.

And ill be rerouting my exhaust too, maybe blast pipes.....
Becasue racecar
murasaki
still a n00b

Re: Lotus rear diffuser

postby murasaki » 10/16/13 @ 10:29

It's fairly straightforward. Just make three brackets. Two just behind the bumper cutouts and one for the rear of the splitter. The brackets on mine are just some flat stock steel with metric nuts welded on. The splitter is held in with metric bolts and lock washers. I've taken it to speed plenty of times and has been through a couple track days.

One caveat, don't cheap out on the custom exhaust. Due to how short the piping is, it can get extremely loud and droney
Royal-Stretch
still a n00b

postby Royal-Stretch » 10/16/13 @ 10:56

Awesome man that looks great!
Becasue racecar
spitefulcheerio
//elite

postby spitefulcheerio » 10/16/13 @ 11:06

I love that shit. Wanna sell it? :D
01 SE: N/A Racecar Build
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 10/25/13 @ 17:51

If you want to wait a few weeks I'm going to start making custom ones for NA's ( don't have an NB to test fit) that will be straight bolt on. It will probably require some cutting to the rear bumper but other than that it will be a few bolts and rivets (if shipped).
http://www.shop.TougeWorks.com
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
murasaki
still a n00b

postby murasaki » 10/25/13 @ 21:22

TistheJameson wrote:If you want to wait a few weeks I'm going to start making custom ones for NA's ( don't have an NB to test fit) that will be straight bolt on. It will probably require some cutting to the rear bumper but other than that it will be a few bolts and rivets (if shipped).

Where are you located? I have an nb you can test fit
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 10/25/13 @ 21:25

murasaki wrote:
TistheJameson wrote:If you want to wait a few weeks I'm going to start making custom ones for NA's ( don't have an NB to test fit) that will be straight bolt on. It will probably require some cutting to the rear bumper but other than that it will be a few bolts and rivets (if shipped).

I'm In Los Angeles!
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
murasaki
still a n00b

postby murasaki » 10/25/13 @ 22:02

TistheJameson wrote:
murasaki wrote:

I'm In Los Angeles!

I'm on the ie La border. Text me your number, let's set something up
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 10/26/13 @ 03:01

murasaki wrote:
TistheJameson wrote:
murasaki wrote:

I'm In Los Angeles!

I'm on the ie La border. Text me your number, let's set something up

Okay cool I'm off the 170 and the 101. I'll message you my number
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
Royal-Stretch
still a n00b

postby Royal-Stretch » 10/26/13 @ 12:45

Im so game for this, what do you think itll end up being price wise? And what type of style diffuser?
Becasue racecar
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 10/26/13 @ 13:04

DOPE
do i smell a group buy?
don't get caught
spitefulcheerio
//elite

postby spitefulcheerio » 10/26/13 @ 13:15

Let's make this a group buy. Test fit on murasaki and sell me that shit, y0
murasaki
still a n00b

postby murasaki » 10/26/13 @ 13:23

I'm asian

I'll give you something to test fit. ;)
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 10/26/13 @ 13:24

too small. doesn't fit.
don't get caught
murasaki
still a n00b

postby murasaki » 10/26/13 @ 13:26

Instructions unclear

Penis meow stuck in exhaust pipe inlet
spitefulcheerio
//elite

postby spitefulcheerio » 10/26/13 @ 13:31

No the instructions were very clear, you just chose to ignore the part about the lube
murasaki
still a n00b

postby murasaki » 10/26/13 @ 13:35

Well fuck
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 10/26/13 @ 13:57

Royal-Stretch wrote:

Im so game for this, what do you think itll end up being price wise? And what type of style diffuser?

Well right meow I'm still drawing up some ideas but I want to make something aggressive looking but I can make custom ones to your specifications. Depending on how much materials are and how much it will cost me, I was thinking about selling them for $350 which I see is reasonable compared to all the other diffuser's out on the market.
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
Royal-Stretch
still a n00b

postby Royal-Stretch » 10/26/13 @ 22:47

TistheJameson wrote:
Royal-Stretch wrote:

Well right meow I'm still drawing up some ideas but I want to make something aggressive looking but I can make custom ones to your specifications. Depending on how much materials are and how much it will cost me, I was thinking about selling them for $350 which I see is reasonable compared to all the other diffuser's out on the market.

If you can make something thats aggressive, but still flows with the bodylines and requires minimal cutting i would gladly throw cash at you. Stripper style.
Becasue racecar
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 10/26/13 @ 23:22

Royal-Stretch wrote:
TistheJameson wrote:
Royal-Stretch wrote:

If you can make something thats aggressive, but still flows with the bodylines and requires minimal cutting i would gladly throw cash at you. Stripper style.

I can make ones that would require no cutting but wouldn't be as aggressive if you had a cutout. They would all be straight bolt on to existing parts and most likely 2 holes would need to be drilled on the bumper for the wider models. I like stripper style money handling
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
Royal-Stretch
still a n00b

postby Royal-Stretch » 12/15/13 @ 16:26

TistheJameson wrote:
Royal-Stretch wrote:
TistheJameson wrote:
Royal-Stretch wrote:

I can make ones that would require no cutting but wouldn't be as aggressive if you had a cutout. They would all be straight bolt on to existing parts and most likely 2 holes would need to be drilled on the bumper for the wider models. I like stripper style money handling
hey buddy just wanted to check in on how all this is gonna come about? Im planning on cutting my bumper and i wanna do something radical come spring
Becasue racecar
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 12/15/13 @ 19:47

Royal-Stretch wrote:
TistheJameson wrote:
Royal-Stretch wrote:
TistheJameson wrote:
Royal-Stretch wrote:

hey buddy just wanted to check in on how all this is gonna come about? Im planning on cutting my bumper and i wanna do something radical come spring

Hey, I've been working on them but came into a snag last week with bending parts of it, I'll work on getting it shaped this next week and I'll have a prototype made. I made a thread in the sponsor's section about it and will update what's going on with them there, thanks for the interest!
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 12/18/13 @ 11:19

link to thread which has no posts :( - viewtopic.php?f=47&t=725
don't get caught
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 12/19/13 @ 10:58

Bump!
99' Miata
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 12/21/13 @ 06:45

Yeah that one!
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
mx5militia
Eunos Snow Removal Co.

postby mx5militia » 12/30/13 @ 22:36

I am definitely interested in picking up one of these too.
WAIT FOR MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 01/06/14 @ 13:37

I'm in for some NA action!!!!
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out / 89' PitCrew :unicorn:
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 03/01/15 @ 07:50

@thisthejameson

I am ready to hop on this. Can you make me a decent priced one?
99' Miata
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 07/02/15 @ 08:39

99' Miata

return to “general car discussion”