I sold my car today....

where you read and write shit while you shit
RevolverRob
workin' it in

I sold my car today....

postby RevolverRob » 07/07/14 @ 16:42

So I could get one of these:

Sold my car, a fucking stack of guns, and replaced it all with cash and a move to Chicago. :suicide:

But on the flipside, I did eliminate 10k in debt in about 20 minutes this morning.

-Rob
Sploinkin
//elite

Re: I sold my car today....

postby Sploinkin » 07/07/14 @ 23:48

Nice! Chicago is one of a a very short list of big cities I'd live in.
phillyb™ wrote:and we still listened. just proving once more that cpb is cooler than your gf
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 07/08/14 @ 08:48

Sorry to hear, Chicago is on my short list of big cities I would not live in.

Given what I know about Chicago, I'm assuming not all the firearms sales were voluntary before the move...
1990 Miata, SNC 1.6, DIY Randall, R-Package Lip, Overnight parts from Japan.
1979 XS650, far from stock.
1995 Sportster, 'merica. Wrecked.
2007 Sportster, 'merica 2.0.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 07/08/14 @ 10:24

kewl
@Mazduh
don't get caught
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 07/08/14 @ 15:32

Welcome to chiraq! I'm here hit me up I'll show you around
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
RevolverRob
workin' it in

postby RevolverRob » 07/08/14 @ 23:17

I am still crying on the inside today.

This shit hurts... :suicide:
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

postby bigx5murf » 07/21/14 @ 16:29

I thought Chicago give outs CCW permits meow? Although they're still very anti-2A
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
CorkSport - Derrick
//elite

postby CorkSport - Derrick » 07/22/14 @ 10:53

Warm weather to cold weather, yikes!
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 07/22/14 @ 13:23

CorkSport - Derrick wrote:Warm weather to cold weather, yikes!

Seriously, that too. Anywhere I consider moving must be below the latitude at which I currently live (and grew up).
RevolverRob
workin' it in

postby RevolverRob » 07/22/14 @ 16:30

Illinois has concealed carry licenses, but that doesn't prevent Chicago and Cook County from having assault weapon bans, so I was forced to get rid of a stack of guns perfectly legal in Texas, but not Chicago...All because that's helping the violence - Let's see 30 people shot in Chicago over the weekend; 87 were shot over the July 4th weekend... :bullet:

And yes from the hot to the cold - I am trading one extreme closet (filled with shorts, t-shirts and flip flops) for the other (pants, sweaters, and boots). I'm not terribly happy about it.

Oh well, it's the unprecedented opportunity of a lifetime. Five year contract, paid to develop and do my own evolutionary biology research, they gave me subsidized housing such that my rent is cheaper in Chicago than it was here in Austin, but I don't live "in the ghetto" (come on all of Chicago is a ghetto), and they're giving me access to world-class lab facilities and basically a blank checkbook with a limit of probably about one million bucks to spend on my work over the next 5 years. It's like winning the career lottery.

-Rob
Sploinkin
//elite

postby Sploinkin » 07/22/14 @ 23:39

That sounds fucking awesome. Have an italian beef for me.
phillyb™ wrote:and we still listened. just proving once more that cpb is cooler than your gf
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 07/23/14 @ 16:34

That really does sound like an incredible opportunity, that is excellent.
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

postby bigx5murf » 07/23/14 @ 20:07

http://www.kmiata.com/

you'll be local to these guys, so side project?
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
vejatabul
//elite

postby vejatabul » 07/28/14 @ 10:38

Oh, hotdogs.
RevolverRob
workin' it in

postby RevolverRob » 07/31/14 @ 19:18

Public Service Announcement - If you have or need a car loan - NEVER use Wells Fargo Dealer Services.

I sold my car on July 7. The dealer sent an electronic transfer later that same day to WFDS. WFDS did not process the full payment until July 14. Once they processed the vehicle as paid off they waited 7 days to electronically release the lien information to the state of Texas (July 21). The dealer then has to wait for the state 7 days to process the title paperwork to them and then once they have received the title (July 28) they cut me a check for the equity balance in my car which arrived today (July 31). I know the state took a week to do this, but the bitch was Wells Fargo taking FOURTEEN DAYS to process an electronic payment they received and release my title. FUCK THEM, if the car is paid for, the title needs to be released RIGHT FUCKING THEN, not seven days after you process the payment it took you seven days to process.

I am glad that I am done with Wells Fargo. We have just one car loan left through USAA who is excellent and prompt. I will only continue to do business with USAA and my local credit union - Fuck national banks.

-Rob
CorkSport - Derrick
//elite

postby CorkSport - Derrick » 08/05/14 @ 17:12

RevolverRob wrote:Oh well, it's the unprecedented opportunity of a lifetime. Five year contract, paid to develop and do my own evolutionary biology research, they gave me subsidized housing such that my rent is cheaper in Chicago than it was here in Austin, but I don't live "in the ghetto" (come on all of Chicago is a ghetto), and they're giving me access to world-class lab facilities and basically a blank checkbook with a limit of probably about one million bucks to spend on my work over the next 5 years. It's like winning the career lottery.

-Rob

So how did you pull off this contract? Was it your girlfriend :P ???

Derrick
RevolverRob
workin' it in

postby RevolverRob » 08/12/14 @ 21:32

It's been more than a month since I sold my car and I'm still depressed as fuck...:suicide:

Loading the fucking moving truck on Thursday, will be in Chicago by Sunday. :suicide:

I'm actually just tired of "moving" already. We moved out of our apartment two months ago and have been house sitting since. I'm so ready to just go to my new apartment and stop feeling like I am sitting around not accomplishing anything.

-Rob
CorkSport - Derrick
//elite

postby CorkSport - Derrick » 01/21/15 @ 12:33

So did you get a replacement or are you straight bus pass until the end of time?

Derrick
RevolverRob
workin' it in

postby RevolverRob » 02/11/15 @ 22:18

We still have the Mz2. I wish I had never sold my car. Or moved to Chicago.

Upside, I need to so some field work for my dissertation. I may buy a Grand Wagoneer and set it up for expedition-type work here in North America.
CorkSport - Derrick
//elite

postby CorkSport - Derrick » 02/12/15 @ 12:48

RevolverRob wrote:We still have the Mz2. I wish I had never sold my car. Or moved to Chicago.

Upside, I need to so some field work for my dissertation. I may buy a Grand Wagoneer and set it up for expedition-type work here in North America.

Engine swap the jeep to an LS?
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 02/12/15 @ 19:23

I have no interest in living in any real city, so I understand. Thankfully, no one purposefully moves to a big city in my profession because that's where the worst jobs are... :phillyb™:
RevolverRob
workin' it in

postby RevolverRob » 02/14/15 @ 00:43

CorkSport - Derrick wrote:Engine swap the jeep to an LS?

Nah, I'm not a GM guy.

The 360 AMC has good potential. Maybe Edelbrock heads, intake, carb, thrown on some headers, and Comp Cams has a nice selection of mild-profiles. If I ditch the smog equipment, I should be able to get about 250-275 at the wheels. That should be enough to get me into plenty of trouble off road. Plus, I want it simple enough to fix with a screwdriver, in my parking lot in Chicago. I miss the simplicity of a carbureted V8.

The upside to the full size Jeeps is they are pretty damn cheap. Decent examples of Grand Wagoneers run about 5-7k rust-free. Apparently, the 360 blocks were so overbuilt they almost never need to actually be bored when rebuilt. So I can probably get away with minimal machine work on an engine overhaul. Rest of the driveline is pretty stout, 727 Torqueflite, NP229 transfer case, and Dana 44 axles front and back, it won't take much to upgrade it or rebuild it, if something goes. Plus the size of the truck is about ideal to haul a field assistant (preferably of the young, female, variety) out with a stack of gear to collect specimens. I am thinking a mild lift and a roof-top tent to make base-camp easy to set up.

Right meow it's mostly a pipe-dream. It will be next year before we have the money and who knows, my project may change a bit and I may not need major field work. My alternative would be a '78-79 Bronco, but that wouldn't be quite as user friendly without the back doors.

-Rob
RevolverRob
workin' it in

postby RevolverRob » 07/23/16 @ 22:01

So, it's been 2+ years since I sold my MS3 and I STILL miss it. I suppose the upside is the new roadster fills a bit of that hole in my heart...

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=26930#p26930
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 08/17/16 @ 15:36

I miss my ms3 every meow and then as well. And I hang out with people who still have em...it's sometimes torture.
don't get caught

return to “off topic”