Gunnar Optiks Outdoor line

buy something cool? tell us about it
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

Gunnar Optiks Outdoor line

postby bigx5murf » 11/26/13 @ 05:11

Prior to moving out west, I never got a sun burn before. Needless to say, I showed up here with no tints, and didn't own a pair of sunglasses. So I got tints, got a pair of polarized sunglasses. Then got pissed off at all the rainbows I see every time I looked out a tinted window during the day. Also, the rainbows showed up on my phone screen as well.

Well, bitching about this shit randomly, someone told me to look into Gunnar Optiks, and their Outdoor line. These advertise as being for use with electronic screens outdoors. Their not tinted at the bottom, and don't cause the rainbows on screens. On top of that, they don't cause rainbows through tints either! As for UV protection, and color filtering, I don't think they lose to polarized lenses. At least, they keep the stinging sun eye pain at bay just as well.

I've got the Titan model, unfortunately their outdoor line only has 2 models available atm.
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
phillyb™
//banned

Re: Gunnar Optiks Outdoor line

postby phillyb™ » 01/13/14 @ 14:35

cool
don't get caught
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

postby bigx5murf » 07/24/14 @ 17:16

Update, my Nexus 5 phone is completely unreadable with polarized sunglasses when held in landscape. But is perfectly readable in landscape with gunnar optiks shades on!
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 07/24/14 @ 17:40

I have the same problem with my RayBans. It sucks that I have to take them off to read the GPS on my Tablet S.
99' Miata
Sploinkin
//elite

postby Sploinkin » 07/25/14 @ 11:55

phillyb™ wrote:and we still listened. just proving once more that cpb is cooler than your gf

return to “product reviews”