REVIEW: Autokonexion customer service

buy something cool? tell us about it
Jeff_Lebre
donated to the club!

REVIEW: Autokonexion customer service

postby Jeff_Lebre » 03/31/14 @ 14:16

First of all let me just say that Autokonexion customer service blows, and thats taking it pretty gently.
I first ordered some products from Autokonexion back in early January for my 93 miata. Before i ordered I decided to fish around and take a peak on some other forums for the product reviews and they are seemed to check out pretty decent.

Keep in mind that the company does say on their webpage that production and processing does take a decent amount of time, which i had no problem with at the time.

My purchase has been late for several weeks meow. so i contacted the company and they informed me that everything was done except for the front bumper, which they had to make new molds which didn't bother me because i guess i was getting a newer version per say. but what pisses me off is that since i ordered from them in january they have not sent me a single email pertaining to my purchase. the last email i received prior to reaching out 3 weeks ago was my confirmation email (which is automated). they did not bother to keep me updated through the processing period (which they are supposed to, says their web page) and they didn't bother to notify me that there product was going to take an extra two weeks due to the new bumper molds.

their representative which i spoke to three weeks ago after i notified them informed me that in two weeks they would be done and i would receive an email with the status of my purchase. Well its been a week over due and i still have not heard a word from the company.

so if anyone was going to purchase their products, your better off going somewhere else honestly.
spend your money on a manufacturer that stands by there customers.
phillyb™
//banned

Re: REVIEW: Autokonexion customer service

postby phillyb™ » 03/31/14 @ 15:26

i have an autokonexion v1.5 trunk. love it.
came on time.
i know that lack of communication sucks for many companies and autokonexion isn't necessarily alone there.
personally i have no problem hounding a company if they're not emailing me back.

for example, i sent a hockey jersey to a company to get customized. the communication is somewhat lacking in the sense that i'd ask questions and not get a full answer. rest assured, i did indeed get my jersey back with all of the correct information.

my tracking number still shows that THEY haven't even received the jersey...THE FUCK?!?! lol

anyway continue to email them. if there is a manufacturing delay because of a new mold and they still don't have any new info, then perhaps there's a delay with the new mold as well.

good luck - hope you get your shit.
don't get caught
Jeff_Lebre
donated to the club!

postby Jeff_Lebre » 03/31/14 @ 22:58

i just think its a little ridiculous, it was a decent sized order and i think for spending any amount of money, communication should be first.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 03/31/14 @ 23:27

they don't. and they're not the only ones.
i agree that it sucks
don't get caught
Skinny
the ginger ninjer

postby Skinny » 04/01/14 @ 02:58

My buddy ordered some v1 flares and they were not going to cut it size wise, so he sent them back without hassle. He didnt like the other options so asked if he could mix and match. They meow offer it as a package. Auto Konexion is cool in my book.

In 30 seconds you'll be dead and I'll be home in time for Corn Flakes.
vejatabul
//elite

postby vejatabul » 04/01/14 @ 10:54

I ordered a set of V1 rear flares and and a set of V1 front flares for my car. I called them to make sure they had my order correctly documented, and they said they needed to make the flares, which I was fine with. After the one week went by that they said it would take to make them, I called them. It took me two days to get a hold of them. They said that they still had yet to make them. I asked if they had any sets in stock, and they did. The lady told me that they didn't want to split up any sets, because if someone ordered a set, they would have to make them. I was like, "What the fuck are you talking about? I gave you money, and you are holding product with the expectation that someone else in the future might want a set? Go break apart a couple of sets and send me my product, or else I will have you refund my money and I will by the knock of flares for one of your rivals." They shipped out my order that day. But, then, 2 weeks later, I get ANOTHER set. So, I call her and tell her to mail me a shipping label, and I will send them back to her. She told me to keep them. So I sold them. OK. So I got free flares. So, Yeah, I don't have any real complaints.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 04/01/14 @ 10:57

hahahaha that's hilarious.
don't get caught
Jeff_Lebre
donated to the club!

postby Jeff_Lebre » 04/01/14 @ 23:28

well i sent them a strongly worded email.... pretty much being a dick and explaining how i was going to dispute my order through visa if that shit didn't ship out soon..

needless to say, i got an email back:)
it ships out wednesday!
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 04/02/14 @ 01:20

lol good shit!
don't get caught
TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 04/16/14 @ 00:18

I know Autokonexion (Mike is the owner) personally and they are always slammed with work and are overwhelmed. Yes it's hard to contact them since they run a small operation but they try their hardest to respond to everyone. I know they don't have much in stock and they are redoing a lot of their molds since some of the old ones were starting to get damaged. I have talked to mike about becoming an AK dealer so if that works out I'd be happy to help anyone who wants any Autokonexion parts. Their products are well worth the wait and I would never buy any other body parts from anyone else but them. Sucks you're having problems with them and hope you get your stuff in a timely manned
http://www.shop.TougeWorks.com
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
mini_fd
workin' it in

postby mini_fd » 04/16/14 @ 07:56

I just ordered my ak flares and similar situation happened. I was told my flares were to be shipped out at the end of last week with a tracking number. I emailed them on the 7th and received the information I wrote above.

Last night I emailed the company asking them what the delay was, what address are they mailing the flares to, and why wasn't I notified about the delay? I was showing concern and wasn't all that upset because I understand delays happen and am okay hearing bad news.

As soon as I sent that email 9ish 10 last night est. I received an apologetic email and received my tracking number. She stated it was the shipping departments fault and she got it out right away last night where FedEx scanned and picked up the package. Should be here caturday
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 05/05/15 @ 12:07

I got my trunk on time, but the fitment was horrible. I talked to AK customer service and I was told to use washers. No amount of washer could fix the shitty fitment. It also takes in water when it rains because the trunk sits higher than it should. It is also starting the separate on the inside. Fooken shit quality. /rant
99' Miata
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 05/06/15 @ 09:16

hmmm...my trunk is fine...
i think.
i hope!
don't get caught
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/06/15 @ 12:48

Teejay187 wrote:I got my trunk on time, but the fitment was horrible. I talked to AK customer service and I was told to use washers. No amount of washer could fix the shitty fitment. It also takes in water when it rains because the trunk sits higher than it should. It is also starting the separate on the inside. Fooken shit quality. /rant

Is that why you bought a carbonmiata trunk? Mine is raised on the left side only, right side is decent. I am thinking about cutting the trunk bracket so I can slide it down a bit and hopefully tighten it up cause it bugs the hell out of me.
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 06/28/15 @ 13:03

I bought an OEM trunk lol. Never got around to buy from carbonmiata. I found that Garage Vary spoiler you know. From my experience the CarbonMiata parts are of a higher quality. They seem better sealed of on the backsides and stuff :)
99' Miata
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

postby bigx5murf » 07/24/15 @ 15:00

Guy local to me just got his AK flares, took 3 months. According to him there was no communication at all, and one day he decided to call, and beg about how his car's been sitting in the body shop for awhile already waiting on the flare, then he got them 3 days later. Fitment was spot on according to him though.
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
brookeberini
still a n00b

postby brookeberini » 07/24/15 @ 18:34

I ordered a CF wide body on 1 January 2015. I'm still waiting for a proposed presentation date.
IG: @brookeberini or #barbiemx5
FB: Brooke Berini or My Little Miata (MLM)

Sponsors:
- NECC
- Jass Performance
- BoostWhores

You're an fagit.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 07/27/15 @ 04:58

Friend of mine is waiting for a fastback. Since like... Last year. Phooken lol
99' Miata
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 07/27/15 @ 09:40

are they officially done with the fastback?
i remember that taking a looooong time for development. did it ever make it to production?
don't get caught

return to “product reviews”