Megasquirt all over your faces thread.

tell us why standalones are better than piggybacks...
Mazduh
//elite

Megasquirt all over your faces thread.

postby Mazduh » 10/23/13 @ 11:56

Megasquirt user's chime in!

I made a whopping 203hp on my fully bolted stock turbo mazdaspeed miata last weekend. 12psi with a shit-tastic tune that is super rich with hella conservative timing. Season is over atm so I'm gonna work on my tuning skills over winter and I'm hoping to at least see 225-230hp squeezed out of my baby turbo before I jump to a better setup.

Notice I peak power right around 4600rpms and then it just falls off quickly. Small turbo's ftl... I'm thinking if I step down the boost to 10psi the turbo may or may not be a little more consistent.

Boring dyno vid:
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
phillyb™
//banned

Re: Megasquirt all over your faces thread.

postby phillyb™ » 10/23/13 @ 12:04

fuck. i thought this was a fs thread. hahahah
don't get caught
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 10/23/13 @ 12:22

Jokes on youuuu!!

PS. Fix my youtube link. I can't figure that shit out. I tried just putting the end inbetween brackets and that no worky.

andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/23/13 @ 12:32

Here you go.
Edit: weird meow I am having embedding issues.

I don't know why but the problem with embedding was with the url.
This is the url for the video but you have to remove everything after the & symbol.
So remove the feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynm9rkaE ... e=youtu.be
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 10/23/13 @ 12:45

xbeatles4x wrote:Here you go.
Edit: weird meow I am having embedding issues.

I don't know why but the problem with embedding was with the url.
This is the url for the video but you have to remove everything after the & symbol.
So remove the feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynm9rkaE ... e=youtu.be

Maybe because I used the "share" url that they give you and not the url from the top of the page... Didn't realize there was a difference.

phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 10/23/13 @ 12:47

oh word...
yeah, you can't use the mobile link - youtu.be
it has to be this link

code: select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynm9rkaEY24
don't get caught
Swank Force One
i'm getting there...

postby Swank Force One » 10/23/13 @ 12:56

That's not falling off as bad as you think. I wouldn't bother revving it to 7200rpms, but it's not totally dying out or anything.
Masdur’s Godo Design Language shows its face in the m.nert swagger build, comprete with #SWAG bundle #4 Sponsored by LevRimiter and Sproinkin
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 10/23/13 @ 13:01

Swank Force One wrote:That's not falling off as bad as you think. I wouldn't bother revving it to 7200rpms, but it's not totally dying out or anything.

Yea I'm only running up to 7k atm. No point in doing more. I get scared being that the msm motor even though it's basically a 99 motor. Has only ever revved to 6500rpms it's whole life and suddenly changing to 7200rpms after 90k miles may not be a good thing.

The last dyno day there was a bunch of fellow Megasquirters there and I soaked up a lot of knowledge about tuning in general and how to do things in tunerstudio. I could just go to my tuner and have him really give me a good tune but I partly want to do it myself. Just for the sake of saying I did it. :tongue:

Swank Force One
i'm getting there...

postby Swank Force One » 10/23/13 @ 14:09

The torque is going to fall no matter what you do with that turbo, but the important part is that the horsepower isn't dying off up top, which tells me that your boost sag is minimal if present at all.

It's not IDEAL up there, but it's not giving you that "Oh i went past 5000rpms? Sadface. Guess i should shift." feeling.
Masdur’s Godo Design Language shows its face in the m.nert swagger build, comprete with #SWAG bundle #4 Sponsored by LevRimiter and Sproinkin
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 11/10/13 @ 21:32

Went tuning with my buddy on his mr2 today. Built motor and a bigger churbo. Holy balls does it make the miata feel slow... I kinda want one meow.

Though, I connected my laptop to tune with and seems like it destroyed my current miata project I had created. meow it's corrupted and I had to make an all new project. Not a huge deal since I still have all my tunes. Kinda annoying though. Anyone have this happen before? BAsically after creating a new project for the mr2, when I went to go back and reload my miata project, it kept saying invalid ecu config and even if I pointed it to the correct ecu firmware it would just say Null.

theAngryMarmot
//elite

postby theAngryMarmot » 11/10/13 @ 22:34

I recently built and installed a DIYPNP Megasquirt on my car (Stock 1.6.) Really happy with the results.

I bought the Bluetooth dongle, so I don't have to fiddle with that short cable, and it was a bit of a PITA at first, but got it working well.

If you have a MS and have not spent the 60 or so bucks on the full version of TunerStudio - do it. It is so worth it.

The ShadowDash is neat, but slightly annoying since it is in beta form. Doesn't seem to save any of the changes I make to the dashes, but hopefully they will get it sorted.

All in all the car feels much better. It is quite a bit more responsive (I did the AFM delete.)

Butt dyno says there was a decent gain in power as well. Still sorting a few starting issues (takes a few seconds longer when cold) but I feel it was well worth the ~500 bucks.
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 11/11/13 @ 10:11

I can't seem to get shadow dash to work. Only MSDroid. Shadowdash keeps saying I have an invalid project file or something and doesn't load anything.

I'm really kinda kicking myself for not getting a ms3 with usb. Serial is sucha pita. But at the time I got my ms2e built by Reverent the MS3 was just coming out and not really available for the msm yet.

TistheJameson
//elite

postby TistheJameson » 11/14/13 @ 07:08

I can't even get my MS app for my iPad to work -__- haven't tried enough times to get it to sync but doesn't seem like it wanted to work
http://www.shop.TougeWorks.com
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 11/08/15 @ 16:14

Anyone got tips to get rid of a lean spike on tip-in? Tried ironing it out with TPS AE, but seems like it doesnt react fast enough. Any suggestions?
99' Miata

return to “engine management”