WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

tell us why standalones are better than piggybacks...
user avatar
TistheJameson
//elite
posts: 209
joined: 10/09/13 @ 18:53

WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby TistheJameson » 10/29/13 @ 16:25

Hokay soo..
I bought an AEM wideband and I'm attempting to install it but having some trouble. Got the o2 all wired up ad that's fine and dandy but I'm not 100%bon wiring it up to my megasquirt v1.1, I was told to run the wires like this from the wideband to the ECU:

Red (12v)-white/red 1B
Black (ground)-black/green 2C
White (0-5v output)- 2J
Blue (serial output)- leave disconnected

Does that sound correct?
Also wondering if I have to go onto megatune or tuner studio to change some settings for the wideband.
http://www.shop.TougeWorks.com
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby phillyb™ » 10/29/13 @ 16:29

hmmm...from mt

link - http://www.miataturbo.net/diy-turbo-dis ... band-6192/

I missed pictures of this but the AEM gauge has two connectors on the back, one that is solely for the sensor and the other is for power, datalogging, 1-5v output. You plug the sensor plug directly into the gauge and you're done with that. Then attach the red wire of the other plug using a vampire clip to a ignition 12v power source which can be done off of the stereo wiring, it should be the black/red wire in the harness. Then do the same thing for the black (ground) wire, but connect it to the black wire. Then there's the blue and white wires. I just extended them about 2 ft that way i won't have to remove the gauge panel when I decide i want to start datalogging or when I want to connect it to Megasquirt.


and then also this - http://www.miataturbo.net/megasquirt-18 ... post116028
don't get caught
user avatar
bigx5murf
donated to the club!
posts: 729
joined: 10/11/13 @ 16:38

Re: WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby bigx5murf » 10/29/13 @ 16:34

I recall only connecting one wire from wbo2 to MS2 harness.
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
user avatar
Mazduh
//elite
posts: 657
joined: 10/17/13 @ 21:28
location: South Chicago

Re: WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby Mazduh » 10/29/13 @ 16:41

phillyb™ wrote:hmmm...from mt

link - http://www.miataturbo.net/diy-turbo-dis ... band-6192/

I missed pictures of this but the AEM gauge has two connectors on the back, one that is solely for the sensor and the other is for power, datalogging, 1-5v output. You plug the sensor plug directly into the gauge and you're done with that. Then attach the red wire of the other plug using a vampire clip to a ignition 12v power source which can be done off of the stereo wiring, it should be the black/red wire in the harness. Then do the same thing for the black (ground) wire, but connect it to the black wire. Then there's the blue and white wires. I just extended them about 2 ft that way i won't have to remove the gauge panel when I decide i want to start datalogging or when I want to connect it to Megasquirt.


and then also this - http://www.miataturbo.net/megasquirt-18 ... post116028


This.

the aem has four wires....correct?

black red white and blue.

black is ground, MS has plenty of those (even the frame, block, etc.)

red is power, MS has plenty of those

white goes to O2. So you either splice into the wire for it and disconnect the O2 sensor. Or leave it installed and simply cut the O2 wire (pink) and wire it to the White AEM wire.

blue is unused.
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
user avatar
TistheJameson
//elite
posts: 209
joined: 10/09/13 @ 18:53

Re: WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby TistheJameson » 10/29/13 @ 16:46

phillyb™[TRADE MARK SIGN] wrote:hmmm...from mt

link - http://www.miataturbo.net/diy-turbo-dis ... band-6192/

I missed pictures of this but the AEM gauge has two connectors on the back, one that is solely for the sensor and the other is for power, datalogging, 1-5v output. You plug the sensor plug directly into the gauge and you're done with that. Then attach the red wire of the other plug using a vampire clip to a ignition 12v power source which can be done off of the stereo wiring, it should be the black/red wire in the harness. Then do the same thing for the black (ground) wire, but connect it to the black wire. Then there's the blue and white wires. I just extended them about 2 ft that way i won't have to remove the gauge panel when I decide i want to start datalogging or when I want to connect it to Megasquirt.


and then also this - http://www.miataturbo.net/megasquirt-18 ... post116028


The first didn't seem to give me much help since I already ran the o2 like he did.

I read the 2nd before I posted on here and got most of my info off that thread. The other info like wiring it up to the ECU I got off FM's website but wasn't sure because they tell you to mess with the EGR and mine has to pass CA emissions but won't if I remove the EGR..

And I don't have a manual for my MSPNP which helps out a ton! -__-
http://www.shop.TougeWorks.com
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby phillyb™ » 10/29/13 @ 16:49

does this link help you - http://www.diyautotune.com/msmoreinfo.htm

??
don't get caught
user avatar
TistheJameson
//elite
posts: 209
joined: 10/09/13 @ 18:53

Re: WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby TistheJameson » 10/29/13 @ 16:49

bigx5murf wrote:I recall only connecting one wire from wbo2 to MS2 harness.


That was probably the white wire and the power/ground were sourced elsewhere
http://www.shop.TougeWorks.com
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup
user avatar
TistheJameson
//elite
posts: 209
joined: 10/09/13 @ 18:53

Re: WIDEBAND ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

postby TistheJameson » 10/29/13 @ 16:52

phillyb™[TRADE MARK SIGN] wrote:does this link help you - http://www.diyautotune.com/msmoreinfo.htm

??


Okay meow you're making me look retarded. Thanks buddy
http://www.shop.TougeWorks.com
Facebook.com/TougeWorks
#TougewWorks
#KINOD
#Puristgroup

return to “engine management”

who is online

users browsing this phorum: no registered users and 1 guest