Retro Video Games!

overclockin ya momma playin gta causin drama for llamas
bigx5murf
donated to the club!

Re: Retro Video Games!

postby bigx5murf » 10/30/13 @ 16:30

Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
ecto_cooler
workin' it in

postby ecto_cooler » 11/04/13 @ 11:29

sorry for the long wait. i needed to find the right hardware to make this work, so for the past few months the TV sat on top of the box and i used it like a desk. less than optimal.

i had a small tower sitting in the bottom using DVI to HDMI to stream videos and play games, but the PC sucks asshole. there's a newer one i'm currently building. hoping to have it BF4 and DayZ capable with some parts hookups and ingenuity.

i have all the other systems waiting to go in, but i need to find a way to make them accessible without having to turn the box around. I think i'm going to hinge the top or turn the fake doors under the screen into a shelf, not sure yet. i have the tools and the knowhow, i just need to plan it and spend an afternoon working.
minto wrote:We cant use guns here in the UK. So I bought a katana.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/04/13 @ 11:40

Still...that's pretty cool!
-Bryan
ecto_cooler
workin' it in

postby ecto_cooler » 11/04/13 @ 14:07

it works meow, i love it. i grew up playing mario, duck hunt, f-zero, goldeneye and smash brothers on a console TV. this sits right across from a couch in my "man room," and since my little brother moved in we have the opportunity to relive the magic.

my next project after this is retrofitting modern speakers and an input jack into a foldout turntable i inherited from my mom when i was a kid. gonna stick it on top of the TV when it's done.

speaking of retro video games, has anyone played the remake of Goldeneye for Wii that came out a few years ago? it sucked so hard for all the hype they gave it.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/04/13 @ 14:22

ecto_cooler wrote:speaking of retro video games, has anyone played the remake of Goldeneye for Wii that came out a few years ago? it sucked so hard for all the hype they gave it.

Yeah...I still play it online after playing through the single player on all difficulties (didn't bother doing time trials or such because there's no benefit for multiplayer).

I'd say that it wasn't a *bad* game. Its biggest problem was heritage: when your predecessor was one of the best multiplayer console FPS games EVER, anything less than "awesome" may as well be "unplayable".

What's your handle?
-Bryan
ecto_cooler
workin' it in

postby ecto_cooler » 11/04/13 @ 15:25

i dont play it anymore, can't even find the disc. i played brawl online a couple times but i don't do Wii for games anymore.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/04/13 @ 15:30

ecto_cooler wrote:i dont play it anymore, can't even find the disc. i played brawl online a couple times but i don't do Wii for games anymore.

Bummer...it'd have been fun to play against you.

Don't think I've ever played Brawl online. I should try it sometime.
-Bryan

return to “computing, gaming, graphing and more”