Retro Video Games!

overclockin ya momma playin gta causin drama for llamas
Bryan
contributor!

Re: Retro Video Games!

postby Bryan » 10/11/13 @ 10:02

ecto_cooler wrote:i have a project. we bought our house from the estate of a guy who bought it back when it was built in 1953. it came with this old console TV, heavy crt screen taking up all the space inside an ornate wood box on casters.

i removed the screen and ditched it, went to Costco and bought an LCD tv that fits the hole perfectly. what am i going to do with all the empty space in the back?

- NES
- Super NES
- N64
- Genesis
- PS2
- PS3
- and the PC i'm currently building to round it out. emulating everything i don't have.

there are enough inputs in the TV to run the old systems on a switch through the composite video, the PS2 through the component and the PS3 and PC through HDMI. there should be space leftover for some nice speakers and a woofer.

I raise a glass to you, sir.
-Bryan
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 10/12/13 @ 17:04

Golden Eye on N64.....
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out / 89' PitCrew :unicorn:
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/12/13 @ 17:24

Highschool wrote:Golden Eye on N64.....

I was freaking awesome at that game. Spent all of high school playing it every day after XC/Track practice with my teammates.
-Bryan
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/12/13 @ 18:19

Man that is one have I never had. I had just about every other James Bond game. Let me try to find and buy it in eBay or Craigslist or something.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/12/13 @ 19:26

Don't forget to look up its clone/successor...

-Bryan
Nicktorius™
//elite

postby Nicktorius™ » 10/12/13 @ 20:02

ecto_cooler wrote:i have a project. we bought our house from the estate of a guy who bought it back when it was built in 1953. it came with this old console TV, heavy crt screen taking up all the space inside an ornate wood box on casters.

i removed the screen and ditched it, went to Costco and bought an LCD tv that fits the hole perfectly. what am i going to do with all the empty space in the back?

- NES
- Super NES
- N64
- Genesis
- PS2
- PS3
- and the PC i'm currently building to round it out. emulating everything i don't have.

there are enough inputs in the TV to run the old systems on a switch through the composite video, the PS2 through the component and the PS3 and PC through HDMI. there should be space leftover for some nice speakers and a woofer.

pics right meow!
I'll poop in your butt hole and then you will poop it back into my butt and we will keep doing it back and forth with the same poop. Forever.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 10/12/13 @ 20:05

xbeatles4x wrote:Man that is one have I never had. I had just about every other James Bond game. Let me try to find and buy it in eBay or Craigslist or something.

I have it! I`ll put it in the group buy package if you can wait :D
99' Miata
Nicktorius™
//elite

postby Nicktorius™ » 10/12/13 @ 20:05

Bryan wrote:

I was freaking awesome at that game. Spent all of high school playing it every day after XC/Track practice with my teammates.

Lol, same here! I used to put proximity mines on the spawns haha. Or put them on ammo boxes and pick up the ammo box so the mine became invisible.
I'll poop in your butt hole and then you will poop it back into my butt and we will keep doing it back and forth with the same poop. Forever.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/12/13 @ 20:47

Nicktorius™™ wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Lol, same here! I used to put proximity mines on the spawns haha. Or put them on ammo boxes and pick up the ammo box so the mine became invisible.

After getting pwnt by the kids in the church youth group a couple years ago at CoD (I'd never played a ADS game before), I conned them into playing Goldeneye.

Temple/Proximities = WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF HORRORS

I was absolutely maniacal at placing mines everywhere in every blind spot. They thought I was insane I was laughing so hard :lol:
-Bryan
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 01:12

Teejay187 wrote:
xbeatles4x wrote:Man that is one have I never had. I had just about every other James Bond game. Let me try to find and buy it in eBay or Craigslist or something.

I have it! I`ll put it in the group buy package if you can wait :D

What is this group buy you speak of. I am interested in golden eye however.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 10/13/13 @ 03:22

shift knob group buy! @xbeatles4x
don't get caught
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 17:17

So if you have to select your all time favorite game console (aside form handhelds) what would it be?

It is a tough choice for me between the N64 and the Gamecube.

I would have to say by a very small margin for me it would be the gamecube. When I was growing up I had the gamecube when it first came out and for me it was the best console for a kid. I remember I had the pop up screen that was a portable tv attached to the game cube. That made car trips to Disney awesome.

I also had the gameboy player on the bottom so I could also play my awesome gameboy color and advance games on my gamecube.

Due to the fact of portability and controller feel (n64 always confused me) I would say that the gamecube was the slightly better system for me. Not saying it is a better system but for my needs at the time it was.
Nicktorius™
//elite

postby Nicktorius™ » 10/13/13 @ 17:29

After N64, all Nintendo consoles became too kid friendly/family oriented.

I think my consoles were appropriate for the age I was at when I had them. I was born in 1985 so...

NES @ birth lol
SNES @ age 6
N64 @ age 11
Xbox @ age 16
etc.
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 18:38

Well after n64 they did have some more kid friendly games but that didn't make the console bad. I loved luigis mansion, super Mario sunshine, starfox, Mario kart...
Nicktorius™
//elite

postby Nicktorius™ » 10/13/13 @ 18:42

I think it had to do more with my age than the console's offerings but if you look at the games you just listed. They were age appropriate for 6 year olds. I was out of the kidsy stuff and into FPS like goldeneye, perfect dark, and turok. Which was a natural transition to the xbox controller and halo.
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 18:48

Hey. I also played need for speed and agent under fire on my GameCube.

Hell I would still play all those games I just mentioned today. In fact I am on eBay meow looking it up.

For reference n64 had games for that demographic as well. In fact that is probably what they were known for. Smash bros, Mario party, all the pokemon... Diddy kong racing.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 10/13/13 @ 19:46

Anyone else a super smash bros fan for n64?
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 20:02

Me me me.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/13/13 @ 20:08

xbeatles4x wrote:So if you have to select your all time favorite game console (aside form handhelds) what would it be?

SNES > PS2 > Wii > Gamecube

My top 4...SNES and PS2 have a pretty good battle, but SNES wins probably on nostalgia and a few absolutely best games of all time in its library, where the PS2 has strength on having the IMMENSE PSOne library plus some pretty great PS2 games to choose from.
Crazyblackman wrote:Anyone else a super smash bros fan for n64?
I preferred Melee (Gamecube), then Brawl (Wii), then the original (N64). The original has some gameplay that you can get away with that causes some horrible habits when you play the newer games, and vice versa.
-Bryan
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 10/13/13 @ 21:51

Agreed with the habits I honestly loved all of them. . . Prefer brawl meow just cause I'm so use to how reaction times are and what not

Fsu ain't easy
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/13/13 @ 22:08

Crazyblackman wrote:Agreed with the habits I honestly loved all of them. . . Prefer brawl meow just cause I'm so use to how reaction times are and what not

Name your primaries by game :)
-Bryan
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 22:15

I still like to play as link.

in other news I downloaded the compile info and spent the last 3 hours compiling open emu. Morel of the story half of it does not work well.

I guess it is back to the old school emulators.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 10/13/13 @ 22:44

Bryan wrote:
Crazyblackman wrote:Agreed with the habits I honestly loved all of them. . . Prefer brawl meow just cause I'm so use to how reaction times are and what not

Name your primaries by game :)

Ganandorf or fox for brawl
Fox or Marth for brawl
Fox or Kirby for n64

That's what you wanted right? Haha
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/13/13 @ 22:51

Wow...Ganondorf for a primary? With Fox as a 1a...interesting. Believe it or not, I did the same thing for Melee at times (though I also swapped Falco for Fox at times...don't like him as much in Brawl). My primary for Brawl is, believe it or not...one of these three, with Zelda as the primary:

I also like to use Lucario because he's awesome and you know it.
-Bryan
mini_fd
workin' it in

postby mini_fd » 10/14/13 @ 00:03

Bryan wrote:None of you have mentioned what to this day is still one of the top 10 games EVER according to several lists?

Top games of all time. You sir have made me a very happy man posting this game.

In 95 I was in 5th grade and would draw pictures of samus in school and at home. I will try to find some asap.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/14/13 @ 00:11

See? The thing about Super Metroid is that it has NO weaknesses that I can think of. It's relatively easy to play, rewardingly hard to master, awesome graphics and sound, controls that reward precision, and even a little bit of plot. This quote from ScrewAttack.com summarizes what I'm talking about:

(it was #1 in their list of SNES games)
-Bryan
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 10/14/13 @ 00:13

Bryan do you know anything about down spiking? O shit I forgot diddy kong def a go to a lot I'll start dry humping that face
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/14/13 @ 00:26

Crazyblackman wrote:Bryan do you know anything about down spiking?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar. Care to elaborate?
-Bryan
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 10/14/13 @ 01:45

I'm trying to find a decent video but it's proving difficult ... Anywhoo it's when you basically are above someone else and hit them so hard going down they go straight down ill keep looking for videos
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/14/13 @ 09:26

Crazyblackman wrote:I'm trying to find a decent video but it's proving difficult ... Anywhoo it's when you basically are above someone else and hit them so hard going down they go straight down ill keep looking for videos

Oooooooh, ok. I didn't know the term for it, but I think I know what you mean.
-Bryan
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/14/13 @ 09:28

Am I the only one that liked smash bros but got tired of it quickly because it was the exact same game over and over again?

I could sit and do a play through to the final boss and then put the game down for a while. It would loose its fun appeal quickly for me.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/14/13 @ 09:31

xbeatles4x wrote:Am I the only one that liked smash bros but got tired of it quickly because it was the exact same game over and over again?

I could sit and do a play through to the final boss and then put the game down for a while. It would loose its fun appeal quickly for me.

It's only really fun when you're playing against other people.
-Bryan
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/14/13 @ 09:40

I guess that was my problem. I am an only child and only had one friend that liked to play the gamecube. We primarily liked just about every other game.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 10/14/13 @ 11:40

Beatles you said your in college right ... I bet there are lots of people there that play it still... When I played with friends alcohol was involved so we always got loud ... The only reason I continue to play it is cause the outcome of the game change everytime you play it with a group of people
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/14/13 @ 11:57

For the record, Zelda is awesome for setting people up if you can think a couple steps ahead of them...probably better one-on-one than in a foursome.
-Bryan
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 10/14/13 @ 13:40

Haha way bettere for one on one . . . Just depends on what you like . . I can use anyone but prefer speed 90% of the time ... Then we got ganandorf here and there
iRoadster
i'm getting there...

postby iRoadster » 10/15/13 @ 19:54

Math Blaster Plus bee-atch!

Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 10/15/13 @ 20:18

When I read your post, I thought you were talking about this for a split second:

-Bryan
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 10/15/13 @ 20:43

:ps1: :ps1: :ps1: :ps1:
don't get caught
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 10/15/13 @ 20:47

So Ocarina of Time or Majoras mask?