Stoly's Booth at The Bar

all things related to alcoholism and getting phat belong here!
Stoly
#loftlife

Re: Stoly's Booth at The Bar

postby Stoly » 11/03/13 @ 22:45

LOL, just realized I could have simply just said, "Compromise is like Fight Club." "First Rule. You do NOT talk about Compromise."

If you have to talk about it, you'll never have it. You'll just give it until there is nothing left of you.

And you can quote me on that.
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/03/13 @ 22:53

^ Very wise words.

Treat her, as if every man out there wants her, never let her forget the way you feel.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 11/04/13 @ 00:27

Damn... I could use a shot myself after all that

What I got out of it.. Compromise... Something you Don't talk about just do it and naturally
If it's not.. Get out

If you don't love her get out.. If you can't live without her fight for her... Moral of the story fuck a relationship an marry stoly... No more problems... Got it
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
Stoly
#loftlife

postby Stoly » 11/04/13 @ 00:53

Life and Love aren't nearly as difficult as people seem to make them. They are, by nature, the easiest things you'll have this time around on this big blue ball.

I'll put it another way...

How do people actually perish in quicksand? They fight it. They know they are sinking but keep fighting it thinking they can overcome it. But they can't. They die. Why? Because the more you fight quicksand the faster you sink.

The only way to survive is to relax, let everything go, and slowly lay on your back and get to shore.

When you're young it's tempting to be that person that looks at the pit of quicksand and muster up a bunch of bravado and tell yourself that you are THE person that can beat it. And then there are those of us that are smart enough to walk the fuck around it and not even bother...

Ever been walking holding hands and had that person nudge you so you'd miss the gum they saw on the sidewalk that you were about to step on? The person you are with should be the one making sure neither of you end up in the quicksand.
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 11/04/13 @ 01:01

Stoly wrote:Life and Love aren't nearly as difficult as people seem to make them. They are, by nature, the easiest things you'll have this time around on this big blue ball.

I'll put it another way...

How do people actually perish in quicksand? They fight it. They know they are sinking but keep fighting it thinking they can overcome it. But they can't. They die. Why? Because the more you fight quicksand the faster you sink.

The only way to survive is to relax, let everything go, and slowly lay on your back and get to shore.

When you're young it's tempting to be that person that looks at the pit of quicksand and muster up a bunch of bravado and tell yourself that you are THE person that can beat it. And then there are those of us that are smart enough to walk the fuck around it and not even bother...

Ever been walking holding hands and had that person nudge you so you'd miss the gum they saw on the sidewalk that you were about to step on? The person you are with should be the one making sure neither of you end up in the quicksand.

Yesss!! :unicorn:
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/04/13 @ 01:43

Very astute.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

-Bryan
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 11/04/13 @ 01:53

Always nice to get a refresher course in school ... Love the wise words
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 02:02

I think what Stoly just described is exactly what I am coming to realize myself.

You can fight for it, but all you're really fighting for is to drag it out, a little bit longer. Love isn't made, love happens.
andy
donated to the club!

postby andy » 11/04/13 @ 03:47

My problem I guess usually walk around the quicksand. Sometimes wonder that the grass is greener but have not dabbled in the quicksand myself.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/04/13 @ 09:57

Chrismx5 wrote:I think what Stoly just described is exactly what I am coming to realize myself.

You can fight for it, but all you're really fighting for is to drag it out, a little bit longer. Love isn't made, love happens.

More simply put:

You can't make someone love you. You can't even make yourself love someone.

Learned that one the hard way :lol:
-Bryan
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 11:44

@Bryan you are right on that one.

What if you don't make yourself love someone, and they truely mean the world to you?

I realized something tonight. I like cars, yeah. But what I've really been doing the past two years, is covering up my sadness with them. I have sold one out of two. The other is in negotiation.

Although the more you try the more you risk pushing them away. You don't know until you try. And I gave it one last try tonight. And I am glad I did. She knows that she means everything to me. I realized that my cars are just a cover up. I have sorted my debts out (even if I owe 2 X what I originally did) I can finally sort myself out.

How could you ever expect someone to put up with you, if you don't have your own shit sorted? You can't, and you never should.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/04/13 @ 12:11

My point was that no person can force feelings (romantic or platonic) for another person--even if it is perfectly logical to do so.

In my case, a girl who I spent most of my college career in a sort of back-and-forth friendship with had every reason to want me--indeed, she found me in the first place. Her parents absolutely adored me, her sister was amazed that I put up with her crap, and I had even at one point considered proposing to her (even though I knew it was probably a mistake).

Despite all that and more, she just didn't have feelings for me. In her words, she even wanted to and wished she did.

Point is, you do or you don't. You can grow fond of someone, but the long-lasting feelings, emotion, and attitude that you need are either there or they're not.

We'd have been fine as friends, but I couldn't deal with the idea of holding a candle for her somewhere in my mind while trying to move on, so I stopped talking to her (and asked that she do the same). A surprisingly difficult thing to do when you think about it. Part of me still wonders if she hates me for it.
-Bryan
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 16:06

That's a situation I have been in.

Last night I did have the biggest realization. I am so glad for it.

Things in my life needed to change, things needed to get some order as quite frankly I had none. I knew I needed to change but I never wanted to.

After talking to this girl last night. She explained to me how she felt, and what she wanted and why she was struggling with me. I finally got the motivation to sort things out. One at a time of course.

@Bryan there was one girl (a best friend) that I had in highschool for 8 years or so. The biggest mistake the two of us made, was believing that we would work together. We never would have. We were best friends, and other than lust there were no real feelings her. We tried to force it. We wanted to force it. But we couldn't.

Some things don't work out. It's quite often for the best.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 11/04/13 @ 16:18

The worst part is when your all about the other person but are kinda blind to the fact that you care so much about them...but if you stand back and take a look...do they care close to the same amount as you care for them

In college that was a reoccurring issue... Sometimes you can tell when you care more.. And sometimes you can tell if they care more ...ive learned if its not equal there's a problem which could grow into something it doesn't need to later
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 16:22

Not a bad way to look at it.

However, (IMO) if you need equality in a relationship, you should take a break. Relationships aren't about equality. I have always been horrified of getting burned by caring to much, the problem with this, is when the right person comes along, deep down you're to scared to give it your all.

Put it out on the line. Give everything you do 100% that way, if you do get burned. You know that you gave it your all.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 11/04/13 @ 16:28

you guys type so much!
don't get caught
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 16:30

It's sad to think that in the last two posts I made here I have probably put more thought into than any single post in the past 18 months.

Lol.
ecto_cooler
workin' it in

postby ecto_cooler » 11/04/13 @ 17:01

too many tears in the beers around here. i started to post some shit that i've come up with over time, but i think it would be wasted on everyone since we all have to live our own lives and learn from the consequences of our decisions. there is no one-size-fits-all piece of wisdom other than wrap it up or get em snipped unless you don't mind paying for 18 years of child raising.
minto wrote:We cant use guns here in the UK. So I bought a katana.
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 17:03

So, why not post it?
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 17:32

meow that I'm on that emotional train. I figured I may as well post something. It's incredibly accurate.

What is love..

Love is tiding through hard time with one another
Love is waiting
Love is sacrifice
Love is giving fear up and finding courage
Love is looking past the flaws
Love is telling the truth
Love is giving up your old ways of living and finding a reason to change
Love looks beyond class and status
Love is believing in each others dreams
Love changes you for the better
My fight for you won't stop.

#gay
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 11/04/13 @ 17:35

what is love?
baby don't hurt me
don't get caught
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/04/13 @ 17:37

I totally set myself up for that.

Not even mad.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/04/13 @ 22:38

ecto_cooler wrote:too many tears in the beers around here. i started to post some shit that i've come up with over time, but i think it would be wasted on everyone since we all have to live our own lives and learn from the consequences of our decisions. there is no one-size-fits-all piece of wisdom other than wrap it up or get em snipped unless you don't mind paying for 18 years of child raising.

When stuff's on your mind, you talk about it.

So, talk :)
-Bryan
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 11/04/13 @ 22:46

talking is good. and i've always found great retribution in internet babble once your honest.
go go go!
don't get caught
Stoly
#loftlife

postby Stoly » 11/05/13 @ 02:19

ecto_cooler wrote:too many tears in the beers around here. i started to post some shit that i've come up with over time, but i think it would be wasted on everyone since we all have to live our own lives and learn from the consequences of our decisions. there is no one-size-fits-all piece of wisdom other than wrap it up or get em snipped unless you don't mind paying for 18 years of child raising.

What @Bryan said... no harm in having a place where we sit, drink, and talk about life. And honestly, I'd be quite interested in hearing what you have to say.

So grab a cocktail, a chair, and opine.
ecto_cooler
workin' it in

postby ecto_cooler » 11/05/13 @ 12:52

topic itself is totally fine, let's see some more life-affirming positivity in here instead of the :brokenheart:

5 years ago i was at rock bottom and clawed my way back out. nowhere near where i should be but i have a house, a rock solid relationship, great friends and plenty of shit to keep me busy at all times. 30 can smd.
minto wrote:We cant use guns here in the UK. So I bought a katana.
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/05/13 @ 15:57

On the brightside I have direction, and motivation.

I know what I am chasing, I know what I want, I know where I want to go.

Also, with selling the cars, I always thought I would be sad that my mx5 is finally going. But I have never been more excited.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 11/05/13 @ 15:59

:suicide:
don't get caught
Nicktorius™
//elite

postby Nicktorius™ » 11/09/13 @ 03:20

I somehow missed 2 pages of this thread...

I also paid $13.75 for ONE SHOT OF PATRON for my wife tonight :suicide: at a bar/restaurant/brewery. More than 3 of my beers combined (Legit beers, not piss).

This was not The Bar where Stoly's Booth is located.
I'll poop in your butt hole and then you will poop it back into my butt and we will keep doing it back and forth with the same poop. Forever.
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 11/11/13 @ 20:58

Visit a beautiful third world country before you expire.
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out.
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/11/13 @ 23:12

Highschool wrote:Visit a beautiful third world country before you expire.

I highly recommend Costa Rica. Imagine a 3rd world country...with a 95% literacy rate (for those over age 15)...oh, and they just loooooove tourists.

I enjoyed both the Arenal Kioro (at the foot of the Arenal volcano) and the Hotel Parador (which sits over a cliff on the Pacific coast). Probably the first time I went on a vacation and truly did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I dreamed it would be.

Say what you will about how you need to go and experience the people and another country...I think you're right. That said, there's also something to taking a vacation and going somewhere classy, all the while also leaving that area to see what the rest of the country is like.
-Bryan
Stoly
#loftlife

postby Stoly » 11/12/13 @ 15:06

Haven't been around for a spell... Currently in Oregon fetching the LOML and our daughter. Two more nights here and then a 2606 mile trek to home. Can't wait to finally have this chapter of our life over!

Oh, and I have a potential buyer flying out to Dallas later this month to look at Scrat. Life is good!
Bryan
contributor!

postby Bryan » 11/12/13 @ 15:08

Good stuff, man.
-Bryan
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 11/12/13 @ 15:37

Bryan wrote:
Highschool wrote:Visit a beautiful third world country before you expire.

I highly recommend Costa Rica. Imagine a 3rd world country...with a 95% literacy rate (for those over age 15)...oh, and they just loooooove tourists.

I enjoyed both the Arenal Kioro (at the foot of the Arenal volcano) and the Hotel Parador (which sits over a cliff on the Pacific coast). Probably the first time I went on a vacation and truly did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I dreamed it would be.

Say what you will about how you need to go and experience the people and another country...I think you're right. That said, there's also something to taking a vacation and going somewhere classy, all the while also leaving that area to see what the rest of the country is like.

Costa Rica sounds dope. Too many Americans for me, but everyone raves about it.

Guatemala was WAY too unsafe when I visited.

Anyone visit any other awesome places where the dollar goes pretty far?

Stoly wrote:Haven't been around for a spell... Currently in Oregon fetching the LOML and our daughter. Two more nights here and then a 2606 mile trek to home. Can't wait to finally have this chapter of our life over!

Oh, and I have a potential buyer flying out to Dallas later this month to look at Scrat. Life is good!

Wait? Please no?

You better start a new project!
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 11/12/13 @ 15:38

phillyb™ wrote:what is love?
baby don't hurt me

I broke the window again.
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/12/13 @ 16:06

Stoly wrote:Haven't been around for a spell... Currently in Oregon fetching the LOML and our daughter. Two more nights here and then a 2606 mile trek to home. Can't wait to finally have this chapter of our life over!

Just jumped in here to ask where the fuck Stoly went.

Found him guys.

I think a few people have been ending chapters recently. Congrats on the potential buyer. Fingers crossed! :)
ScarfaceThe91
//elite

postby ScarfaceThe91 » 11/17/13 @ 00:35

This is what I'm having.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 11/17/13 @ 00:50

i have a box of wine
don't get caught
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 12/18/13 @ 11:42

^ Spacebag party sometime?

Sidenote: anyone see pics of Stoly's sweet ugly sweater vest?
Skinny
the ginger ninjer

postby Skinny » 12/18/13 @ 11:54

I haven't seen him on here in ages. :brokenheart:
In 30 seconds you'll be dead and I'll be home in time for Corn Flakes.

return to “food and drink”