crazyblackman's thread of shit

half of you phaggots have miatas. i want to see the other half. trollolol
Crazyblackman
//elite

Re: Crazyblackman's brutus

postby Crazyblackman » 03/22/15 @ 09:48

Went out last night with a buddy of mine just taking the car through its paces.

Start to head home and the bolts holding my crank either did 1 of 3 things. Vibrated themselves loose, sheered completely off, or a combination of them both.

We were going about 80 and just see sparks fly out from under my car and battery light came on. That's the bad news

The good news, I found the crank pulley, and all the components somehow, the key was the main concern, it actually was fine.
The aftermath, still in time, key looks fine, it I will replace it anyways just to be safe. I feel very lucky considering. Pulley itself is pretty beat up, but actually looks usable will clean up the rough edges. Next go around I will get stronger bolts and lock tite the bolts in so I won't have to worry about this again.

Tow truck driver was a cool guy, seems like he has picked up his fair share of lower cars he was ready with the wood

That's it for meow, just continues ha.
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 03/22/15 @ 11:45

Glad to hear nothing catastrophic happened. Still disappointing. Best of luck fixing the nose!
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out / 89' PitCrew :unicorn:
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/22/15 @ 11:53

Highschool wrote:Glad to hear nothing catastrophic happened. Still disappointing. Best of luck fixing the nose!

Appreciate it, I was very very lucky considering, especially being a short nose crank, that was my first concern once I popped the hood...Lucky the key looks perfectly fine so just get some new bolts, refit it all, and locktite that fucker down.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 03/22/15 @ 19:34

I think you might have used up all your luck in that moment lol. Glad nothing broke. You`ll be back boostin` in no time :unicorn: :unicorn:
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/22/15 @ 20:21

Seriously, my year and luck is clearly running out here, I was looking up new crank pulleys and F that noise....So I will use my beatin up Crank Pulley as it, sand it down a bit so there are no rough edges anymore.

I honestly caught air last night and either slammed and sparks flew, or the crank pulley flew off with some speed and sparked out. Regardless, i feel lucky as is and will be locking it all down!
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/26/15 @ 19:15

Welp got some more good news going on here.

After that little mishap I got some OEM crank bolts just to be safe, used some blue loctite and put them in. Any rough edges on the crank pulley I smoothed out a bit, until the one I bought comes in.

But Brutus is back up and running again.

Also went ahead and put my Jass Performance lights in.
Fuck those, I got 2 out the other 6 I just drilled out and turned the bolt loose.

Got them in, and just adjusted them a bit to go up and down all the way.
Put the lids on and kept going

I was going to go to a place to make my straight pipe but ran out of time, it's the ladies b day so working on the car easily comes second today... I'll get it done tomorrow

I did go to discount tire too and got my tire patched, debating getting new tires but we shall see, many things I want to do just no rush I got forever to do it all

But while I was under the car checking lengths for the straight pipe, I noted why I caught air when my crank pulley fell off.. It was vertical and went right under my frame rail... Thank god those are ok but 1 side is beat up bad.

Ripped a giant hole in the frame.. So need to get that taken care of well, don't want any extra stuff going in there.

That's it for meow, just playing with tunerstudio and the tru boost, just trying to make sure I can floor it without shooting to 15psi and such. But loving this car every time I sit in it, take it down the street just amazing!
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 03/27/15 @ 14:10

Holy shit! You car handles like it`s on rails :phillyb™:
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/27/15 @ 15:40

Teejay187 wrote:Holy shit! You car handles like it`s on rails :phillyb™[emoji769]:

Literally on rails at all times hahaha
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/28/15 @ 20:00

Got around to putting the bikini top on finally.... Basically used contact cement and just clamped the areas down for about 20 mins seemed to do the trick.
Just need some Velcro for a couple of things and it will be done!

Also got the interior door panels wrapped in suede like material, need to get a door pull but that's soon enough
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 04/01/15 @ 14:00

Sorry to see the frame damage. Major bummer. Would have been way worse without the frame rails being in place.
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 04/01/15 @ 14:01

Almost forgot. Injectors will be out shortly. Sorry for the delay. Also, I do have the A/C setup off my 90' I can send you, or just a compressor off of the 1.8 I picked up. Let me know if you'd like them. Free to a good home. :kitty:
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/02/15 @ 21:59

Highschool wrote:Almost forgot. Injectors will be out shortly. Sorry for the delay. Also, I do have the A/C setup off my 90' I can send you, or just a compressor off of the 1.8 I picked up. Let me know if you'd like them. Free to a good home. :kitty:

No worries about the AC stuff for meow, I bought new stuff only cause I didn't want to have to worry about things but I appreciate it. Your last payment will be sent soon as well!

Andddd as for the rest of this build
Got some stuff that might hurt some but makes me smile....

AC components! In Arizona it is hot as hell, and every car I have ever owned has not had AC working in them.

Well that stops with Brutus, I will have AC in this car because I prefer to be comfortable while driving and just going on a trip and bring the lady with and not hear complaining.

meow when I get a second car if the AC stays in here or not who knows but we're living in the meow, so I'll get started on that next week.
Evaporator, compressor, expansion valve (not pictured), and drier
I have had the o-rings for the whole system so it will be compatible with modern AC instead of R12

Also got my fab9 stage 1 intercooler. I prefer this mainly for the mounting points, they are pretty solid and it is small and thick at the same time
Kitty approved

Also got my replayxd 1080mini camera for small stuff. Eventually will get some goPros but no rush plus this was $100 and was tiny so I can put it anywhere

Ps been driving with the bikini top a lot, and I love it absolutely love it, it's crazy favorite piece even more than the turbo. The turbo is a close 2nd though haha
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 04/03/15 @ 08:56

Did you steal my cat again? Seems like a good intercooler. Prefabbed mounting is great!
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/17/15 @ 01:53

So it feels like it has been a while since I touched the car.. So got some motivation today to get out there to start this AC job. Being in AZ I have never had a car with working AC this car I decided to change that. So I know meow 91's had R12 in the system. I didn't when I first got it, so I just put r134 in the system... Well it worked for a while then right back to how it was. So recently I just said screw it lets make sure I don't have to mess with AC for a while. Got the components and went out to the garage and went to work.

Started without taking the bumper off, but ended up taking it off for the intercooler since I was switching it anyways. Started with the drier. A little tough to get to with the bumper on but it can be done. Used a 3/4 wrench to get the drier off on both ends.

There is a little bolt that kept it tight in there and easiest to get from the bottom, there is a little piece keeping the drier from hitting the ground underneath as well
I just bent the piece to let the drier slide out easily and replaced that with a new one. The new one came pressurized I would assume to verify it does not leak.

Replaced all the black orings with the r134 compatible orings image
Just a piece from autozone pretty self explanatory.

The size of the new drier is a little bit smaller but not that big of a deal

meow my system was already evacuated so I just went ahead and started taking pieces out. Not a whole lot of connections that need the orings replaced to be fully compatible.
I did the same for any piece that could come off and out easily others I just left in the car.

Then I pulled my old compressor out of the box and needed to transfer some pieces over.
I just went through replaced the pieces and transferred to new one. The new one was painted gloss black for whatever reason. It did have a warning on the compressor before I could replace the pieces over.
After reading and checking for "travel fluid" I found none so just continued on.

To show you a comparison of the orings that were in there vs the new r134 compatible ones. Mine were pretty beat! Just like any old oring mine were flat and a little frayed as well.

Once I replaced all the o rings, in the engine bay, I went ahead and started putting the compressor in. I knew it would be a pain since a turbo was in the way, so slowly but surely got it in, realizing from the bottom going up seems best. Then put the lines in connected to the compressor.

I should have had at least one line in before I put it in it would have made life easier but I like to do things the hard way, so one I got the piece in I pulled it up with some old beat up wire.
Also got it bolted in until I read up on compressor oil. I bought 100 pac but may switch depending on what I find online.

The issue I have so far is the intercooler piping and the belt are very close petty much touching so I will need to find a way to move that out of the way.

The goal tomorrow is to get the dash out and replace the other few components and while I have that out I'll get some sound deafening stuff for later as well. So far that's about it.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 04/17/15 @ 15:30

Great write-up! Just in time for summer as well :D
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/17/15 @ 15:33

Teejay187 wrote:Great write-up! Just in time for summer as well :D

Thanks, the heat is not going to get the better of me this summer. Replacing it all hahaha not messing around and hoping I can get away with replacing 1 or 2 things. Just going to replace it all.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/17/15 @ 19:19

Went out there again today just to start on my coolant reroute, I thought I had a block off plate for the front but sadly I didn't so the waiting begins again ha, what else is new, but for the AC stuff I got a lot done today.

Went a little further today, thought I had to take the dash out but I was very happy I didn't need to.

Went to the passenger side and starting taking the glove box out.
The bolts to bolt these in are pretty easy to find, 1 up top, 1 down low and 2 little connectors.image
Curious to know what those are for, reason I'm so curious is the new condenser I have doesn't have a place to put them. Guess I'll either be returning the new one or it isn't super important but I'll find out one day.

Then took out the first box and opened it up, the little clips on it are easy, just place the flat head screw driver into the pieces and pry up they will stay on the flathead, vs just flying.
When I looked inside, I was very happy I decided to get a new condenser.

Just dirt dirt and more pine needles.
Once I took it apart I pulled the new condenser out and compared the 2

This piece was sticking out of the old condenser but nothing like that on the new, this is where the little green wires show but once again just not sure what they are really for.

Anywhoo replaced all the old stuff and replaced it with the new one, and just head wrapped the little temp piece since I didn't know what it was made out of but I figured it can't hurt.
Just looks so much better with the new one in thereimage

Then I started to put it back in and realized the other side probably could use the same cleaning. So out came the second side. It was similar to the other side to get out. Pulled it out and disassembled, and mainly screws were holding it together.

Just looks filthy... So I took it apart and took the piece off, it is a flapper door with 2 screws at the bottom holding it in. Then a shield holding the flapper in. It is a solid piece of medal with this brown filth all over it.
Then I took it apart further and realized that the arm that opens and closes that flapper door was kind of clunky, and so I took it apart, and saw old grease, so I went ahead cleaned that out and replaced it with new grease.

Then need to look up a couple ways on getting something new and clean on there. Once I get that I will put it together.

Eventually I will take the dash out once I move again and will just clean it all down inside.

Also filled the compressor with PAC 100 3.1 fl oz and slowly turned the compressor as it was being filled to lubricate all the internals as well.

meow back to the reroute I got Alex from Speedworksgarage to make me a Kia waterneck to my specs.

I wanted to be able to remove the front waterneck all together and just block it off for a cleaner look. So started taking it all apart only to realize the blockoff plate I thought I had before ordering the waterneck was not big enough so I am having Alex make me one, and that will give me time to look up more stuff that i need.
I have an inline thermostat I forgot to take pictures of but that's in there too. So I need to get the back bolt off and replace that too, but the turbo will still be watercooled with the -6 an fitting, I can still have heat if wanted, and makes life easy.

That's it for meow I will get more stuff done tomorrow hopefully.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 04/17/15 @ 19:36

I am thinking of blocking of the hole in the front of the block with a freeze plug. And then mount a block-off plate over it just to be sure. Eliminate the front water neck altogether. Any chance he can make two? :phillyb™:

Also. You are the God of write-ups. Seriously good job, man!
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/17/15 @ 19:45

Teejay187 wrote:I am thinking of blocking of the hole in the front of the block with a freeze plug. And then mount a block-off plate over it just to be sure. Eliminate the front water neck altogether. Any chance he can make two? :phillyb™[emoji769]:

Also. You are the God of write-ups. Seriously good job, man!

Thanks, I just kinda learn from getting in there and figured I could make life easier for others too at some point. Everything is pretty easy to get to.

Ya he has something he puts behind it all, I can ask if he will make another. If you message him on Instagram he will get back to you as well with what options he has.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/19/15 @ 01:31

So got back out there today,

The condenser was just sitting waiting to go back in, I also put the coolant reroute in today as well.

I used the double nut method thanks to Alex on that one, and got the bolt off the back

Then I put the Kia neck on there without a spacer, so much room, debating getting a spacer at all, nothing I really need in there for maybe sensors later but not a biggie for meow.

Then put the reroute in there, this was just a mockup I pushed it further underneath the gas lines to be a little more subtle.

Then made another -6 AN fitting for the Kia neck. Since it will be sitting right above the manifold so I wanted to make sure it does not melt either.

Then went onto the air blower, and just like I said earlier looked up things to do, off Jeff's build thread stole the yoga mat idea because it makes perfect sense. So I cut the fabric to length I may grind it down a bit like his was because I can see the leak of air it will cause if not done.

I actually enjoyed putting this all back together it was some how therapeutic to know how things work. Kind of scares me because I know I will catch the bug of just taking things apart and redoing them. Who knows. Regardless that will all go back in maybe in 2 weeks and will go get the system tested to make sure it has no leaks.

I should be able to put it all back together again next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday if I'm lucky and find time, if not Thursday. Then I will be headed for Vegas again so if I have more updates its cause I either broke even, or won money ha. Until next time.
Crazyblackman
//elite

Crazyblackman's brutus

postby Crazyblackman » 04/27/15 @ 15:20

So I got my block off plate from Alex. Was hoping I had some scrap laying around to use but it's all good.

Also got my 1000cc injectors from Evan thanks again bud for when I want to go full retard.

I will be able to get the car back up and running this weekend. Just debating a few options. Since my Vegas trip I actually paid for my trip through gambling so because of that I want to get some goods. Thinking about FAB9's cop setup and flares, or flares and cv axels for Torsen to go in finally.

Debating debating, got some stuff started with carbonmiata just need to be patient hence the flares...

Who knows I'll just let the winnings sit for the time being and get the car up and just drive around and decide on what's next at some point
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/02/15 @ 00:07

Welp so far I went back in the garage this week, and went to finish up the reroute, put the AC stuff back together, and get the car back up and running again.

Put the 30mm plug in to prevent any leaking and got a little gasket all from Speedworksgarage. Thought I could just tap the plug in but didn't work so easy, so I put some grease on it and just put the block off plate on and slowly tighten each side down, slid it like a glove. Then put the gasket over it and tightened down.

Then put the engine all back together again and rerouted the turbo waterline to the -6 AN fitting on the Kia waterneck on the back. I made sure to rewrap the lines since they are almost touching everything dealing with heat. Will comment later if it starts melting through, but it shouldn't so we are good there.

Then I put the aircon stuff back in under the glovebox and hooked the plumbing up in the engine bay, so it is meow ready to be pressure tested and filled tomorrow. Fingers crossed no leaks. I had to get a new bolt for the compressor it just didn't thread for like 1 hour so I just got a new bolt worked fine nice and tight meow.

Got the timing in line started it up, waited till up to temp and no leaks!!! So that's a great feeling. Will finish up some interior stuff tomorrow too, need to complete my catch can too and oil cooler. Soo many things just not enough time.

I did get the FAB9 stage 1 intercooler installed too but no picks, nice and solid position. Many more plans in the making. Since I give everything away this time I think I'll just hold off on telling but it will be good stuff.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 05/02/15 @ 03:45

That water neck delete kit is schweeet! I bought one as well!
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/02/15 @ 10:44

Teejay187 wrote:That water neck delete kit is schweeet! I bought one as well!

Nice, it makes doing anything in the front of the engine sooo much easier.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 05/02/15 @ 16:16

Yeah, I agree. I actually got a deal from Speedworks. Printed parts in exchange for the kit :phillyb™:
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/02/15 @ 16:25

Hahaha who doesn't love a good deal meow and then.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 05/02/15 @ 16:48

Right? PM me your address. I have a little "something" for your rear view mirror :phillyb™:
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/02/15 @ 18:30

If it's a little thing to keep it from moving I just got one from a buddy of mine hahah... But if something else say the word
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/05/15 @ 14:24

Yesterday I went out made sure my timing was where it should be. Made sure I had fluids, the normal checks.

Let the car warm up and no signs of leaks which was great, looked at temps were around 170-180. So I got in the car and figured it was all good.

Drove for about 15 mins then the car started to overheat. So I pulled over for 30 mins in a random neighborhood. Then started the car back up drove again, and again overheated.

Eventually I was doing this until I got home once home I let the car cool down. When I went back out in the garage I check the reroute to make sure I had the hole at the top, and it was facing the right way. Put it back together. Then noticed because I put the blockoff on the front, I forgot I had to get rid of a line on he IM I put a little plug on that but didn't tighten it down.

The coolant was just spraying out right there the whole time. Makes sense, so plugged it tightened down, went out again after filling with coolant again. Still gets to 200 but not much higher, going to burp the system today and see how much better it is.

I did however get some things in the mail, some garagestar bolts for the flares.

I also got a spacer for the coolant reroute a while back just came in. I don't really need it but I may use it for a temp sensor later also to just have the thermostat put right there vs inline. No real decision will be made yet just would make it cleaner without the inline too. We shall see
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/06/15 @ 01:43

Went to help a buddy put low pros in... Took all day didn't even finish, hardest part seems to be adjusting it to be able to go up and down correctly. O we'll always love helping out.

I'm taking his wheels and lied they are 15x9 0 offset, so that's pretty cool.

Beat on the car a little bit no overheating issues. That's nice, meow back to some other things going like the interior, and a few things exterior wise that will take some time. Probably doing a lot of smaller stuff when I get in this house.

Until next time.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/09/15 @ 01:47

Got off work today, got in the car started up like normal drove to get food and beer.

Came home ate was headed back out car won't start....

No crank No start, happened a couple times prior to this but just waiting a few mins and trying again got it to work.

meow nothing, not sure what the click sounds like with the starter solenoid but I don't hear a whole lot when trying to start in the first place.

I need a multimeter dammit.

Will see what happens tomorrow, hoping it is not the starter but we shall see.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/09/15 @ 20:47

Car is back everything was were it should have been but my remote thermostats was not tight enough. So it was leaking which followed a trail to the starter connecting piece. I took that off cleaned up meow back in the game

Glad it was something small.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/11/15 @ 21:44

I lied, seems to be the starter, worked fine after adjusting the connector before... Works awesome on cold starts and once it's hot, no go until it cools down. I will be tackling that job tomorrow morning once I get the starter tonight.

Actually hooked my EBC up correctly, still need to adjust the settings but working great, can floor it and just feel it pull and pull. While I was out my intake cam gear was not happy, so the bolts that you can adjust it with just dropped out. So need new ones. Just put the old one back on and tightened the exhaust side.

Then I looked at my hood and saw this

Hard to tell with the picture but oil has gotten around the gasket there. Already have a new one to replace it with.

It was shaping up to be such a nice day too... O well no use complaining about it just gotta get more done is all. Should be a fun day tomorrow.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/12/15 @ 01:08

Finally checked the mail... Thanks Ly & Chad for the goods!! Ly PM coming atcha as well have some question for you.

Skunk2 shift knob... Love the weight

Got ly's nut, and man was it warm.

Very well packaged as I expected!

Hopefully get to test it tomorrow !
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/12/15 @ 22:24

Didn't get to test it today, but I did replace the starter today and will see if that takes care of things soon enough.

I went about getting to the start in a couple different ways, took the passenger tire off, then went from above. A little more difficult with a coolant reroute in the way so I had to get that off, I have drained my coolant probably around 4 times in the past month. Regardless eventually got it out

Not sure why I thought it would be more difficult then it was, but then again everything I have done so far I thought the same thing until I actually started it. Either way got the new one in.

Then moved on to finding where my massive oil leak was. All the turbo lines are good, the seal on 1 cam was leaking, so replaced that, but figured there is no way that could have done this much, so I continued to look. Seemed pretty wet by the crank pulley, so I took it apart. Thinking mine would be stuck and hard to pull off I dreaded doing it. Once I took the bolt off, I pulled the sprocket off with ease. It literally just slid right off. Probably all the oil that was down there. So I got my key and new bolt, getting the gasket tonight and will be waiting on oil.

Love the sight of no key way damage after all it has dropped the pulley.

Everything will be done by the time I get the oil, then I can start it up again test it out.

In the down time I think I will put my oil cooler in, meow is the best time since there is no oil in the car.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/14/15 @ 14:54

Got the oil I needed, and got the correct seal from Autozone, they literally only had 1 starter, 1 crank seal, 1 cam seal for a 91 miata, so I guess it was just luck getting it all quickly.

Will put everything back together again either tonight, or maybe tomorrow night, not sure yet. Will fire it back up and go for a short run to make sure no giant oil leaks anymore. I will let the car heat up, drive back home, and park. Once parked try and fire it up immediately after that. That will let me know if replacing the starter fixed it or didn't.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/16/15 @ 19:15

Got some maintenance parts, a new master cylinder, and another speedo cable. Just incase things want to go south.

Also got 1 of my carbonmiata goods. Hopefully the other will be finished in a month or so.

Just need to get the wheels and tires and I can throw those on. Need to order tires like meow, sell the 6UL's to Paul and keep this thing going. Feeling lazy today might not hit the garage today, but will on Monday and Tuesday.
theAngryMarmot
//elite

postby theAngryMarmot » 05/16/15 @ 19:28

Just let me know when you want to sell those wheels and I will round up the cashola.

Or we can work out a trade for my wheels (15x8 15 offset) and the nice bolt on 25mm spacers I have.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/16/15 @ 19:31

theAngryMarmot wrote:Just let me know when you want to sell those wheels and I will round up the cashola.

Or we can work out a trade for my wheels (15x8 15 offset) and the nice bolt on 25mm spacers I have.

Prefer to sell them to be honest with you. I do have an offer for you though. If you help me get these flares installed and welded like they should be, sell them to you on the cheap with that trunk spoiler you wanted before.
theAngryMarmot
//elite

postby theAngryMarmot » 05/16/15 @ 19:33

Done.

We can do that. I have a welder and whatnot. And many cutting utensils.

I still have those 1.8 axles you need too......

return to “build threads”