crazyblackman's thread of shit

half of you phaggots have miatas. i want to see the other half. trollolol
Crazyblackman
//elite

Re: crazyblackman's thread of shit

postby Crazyblackman » 11/23/15 @ 11:12

So I went out in the garage and got the diff dropped out. The cv axels came out of course with a fight, so I had a buddy and use his snap on tools impact since my little black and decker haha well my little black and decker I think sums that statement up.

Needless to say we got those off and out. Excuse the potatoe shot. Once we got it out I just let it sit for meow, need to get the new bushings in the other diff first then I can put it in there.

I am wondering where the all the new bushings go, so will do a little research on that not for the diff bushings but the other bushing I assume for the other part of the diff mounting bushing.

Once we finished the diff we moved into the arp lug studs. Got them all out with a big ass soft hammer. Once out we began putting the new ones in, but 2 things the snap on impact battery died 1.

2. The back ones have part of the hub in the way so we are unable to put them back in without bending them. So meow I am trying to find out how to get that done without removing the hub. I saw online some people had issues and some didn't. May just need to bend/grins down the heat shield to make room.

If anyone knows please chime in.

Other than that, I still need to get stuff and drop stuff, I'm just taking my time. I have a car payment meow so just adjusting to that more than anything.

Either way will have some progress here soon hopefully.
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 12/27/15 @ 11:07

Well it has been a while, I have purchased a few things.

Finally ordered my axels from Autozone only cause they were $10 cheaper than advanced auto parts. Should be here soon.

I purchased my bearings so I can meow get the block and head cleaned up when this next paycheck comes in.

I will be purchasing new hubs soon enough and just press the extended lugs in there.

I should be able to drop the block and head off next week when I get paid some time hopefully. I have been working a crazy amount of OT to get some extra stuff too so that should kick in the next few paychecks.

Gonna be buying new connectors as well to clean up the engine bay a bit too and rewiring soon enough.

That's all she wrote for meow.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 02/02/16 @ 15:42

I just realized I haven't updated this but have been updating my Instagram.

Whoops.

I bought axels finally just need to go to robs house to get the bushing pressed out and in with the new ones I have.

I also got new super tech complete valve spring kit I ended up getting the light double springs so I can rev up to 8400rpms but I'll probably stick to 7ish just to have the extra head room.

meow I need to drop this stuff off to get out together for once, then I can start with everything else, getting the cops setup, small wire tuck, etc.
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 02/14/16 @ 15:47

Went for a ride. Sounds like a Rav4. Four speed shifts nice and smooth at higher revs. Tons of cargo space. Killer sound system.
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out / 89' PitCrew :unicorn:
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/02/16 @ 17:53

So for those following on insta old news.

I have received my new flares some lovely tuckin99 beauties.

Tried to fit my current 15x9 0 offset rota RKRs haha would need a 50mm spacer on all 4 corners to look decent. So I'm selling those.

I am going to be getting some new shoes eventually but it will take time I have other things to focus on. However the new wheels will be wide to fill these flares.

Still haven't dropped the motor off but I seriously have no choice but to do it this weekend cause I'm sick of waiting, I'm only doing it to myself, just don't want anything to go wrong.

Either way I told you a while back I took the dash out to clean up wiring and the air box.

Well started the air box last night and need a few more things and that can go back in but it was FILTHY!!

There was a least a film of just grit and dirt on it the entire time during disassembly. Little hairs and all.

Took off all the little clips there are 7 just throughout the piece

Also took the heater core out and was just completely rusted.

The heater core has 2 screws and one just for positioning, pretty straight forward. To be honest most of these pictures are for my reference but in case someone needed help out here figured I would post it.
image second screw not shown but on left side

Thinking about replacing the heater core just for good measure.

Then once you pull it apart you have these flappers on both sides. I believe they were all at different heights as well.

They were filthy just gross fuzz on there meow. So I scrapped that off similar to how I did the AC stuff before. Gonna do the same and spray it with adhesive and put some of that yoga mat for them all.

That is todays or tomorrow's chore.

I did start replacing grease cause this is what it looked like when I opened it up. Yellow like all the window tracks and anything that had grease on it before.

I think that's it for meow, should have a couple things coming in but nothing major so I'll update again then.
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 03/03/16 @ 15:42

Didn't look too bad though. I could only think about how mine looks lol..
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/07/16 @ 20:03

Teejay187 wrote:Didn't look too bad though. I could only think about how mine looks lol..

IDK man it was pretty gross in there.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/12/16 @ 20:24

Got my hubs in the other day, and at the same time I went to Robs house aka Humming to hang out and get my ARP Extended studs pressed in. Pressing it was a lot easier than expected.

Need to do the diff but I'm going to see if I can get that done tomorrow possibly. I am also putting the flares on tomorrow and hope to get the flares and the diff bushing and front hubs in. I didn't realize I needed the bearings for the rear hubs separate so buying those as we speak.

Plan on getting new tie Rod ends as well from miataroadster.

However as you all know tuckin99 flares are +50mm so I will need wheels to fill that.

After talking with Rod from Tetsuyagarage he has helped me come across the wheels I have hoped for to do this with. Thank you again for he help finding them!!!! Such quick service it was crazy how fast I requested something and he was able to find something in a matter of days like it was nothing. Great great service!

For you guys here is a teaser. If you know well don't say anything duh.

The size doesn't matter, I am going to have them custom made to the sizes I need. I'll probably update tomorrow with the diff stuff. Trying to do this right the first time around so I don't have to tear anything apart later.

That's it for meow!
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 03/12/16 @ 20:54

SSR Star Shark????!?!?!!131231553252
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/13/16 @ 22:00

Teejay187 wrote:SSR Star Shark????!?!?!!131231553252

Nope close though.

So today I got about 33% done with what I said I wanted to get done yesterday.

I did get the front hubs in that went pretty easy I think the most annoying part was getting the dust shields off to get access to the nut itself.

Regardless once I got the hubs off I instantly was glad I am replacing them meow.
Drivers

Passengers

After cleaning them all up the both looked similar. Used lube I've used for all things. ;)

The finished product with the new dust shields

Was very happy to do that. I also got my rear hubs out. I just need to get to Robs house again for that press action again for the new bearings if he'll let me.

They've seen better days.

Then I moved onto doing the flares, or do I thought.
I get the tape out and lay it out on the fender and trace it all out and such and start drilling. No problems. Then I forgot what size rivnut fitting I needed. (I needed 6mm) so I just went to harbor freight found one looked good and kept going. Got home and it looked like it was used cause it had a fitting stuck inside but then I go through each one and none are right.

So I just need the right rivnut gun which will be here by the end of this month. (Hong Kong). I did snag a photo of the fitment.

Loved the way they just kinda flow with the body. They really made these really well!
Aside from that meow I'm just deciding on getting bearings next or tie Rod ends. But that's it for meow.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/23/16 @ 20:57

Got some stuff on order and got some stuff in the mail.

The engine builder recommended ARP Rod bolts, I didn't know they existed originally but bought those and kept going.

Also wanted to get rid of power steering so I shall be depowering the rack and got these from Miataroadster should be a good time.

Hopefully the engine work gets started and finished soon. I just want a running car and I'll put the old wheels on if I have to haha

End of the month is almost here so I should have the wheels here hopefully by the end of April.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/28/16 @ 14:58

Well a little surprise the wheels were already ready for shipping so I guess meow is a good time to at least show you what I just purchased.

I would like to thank Tetsuyagarage for helping find these beauties!

Some lovely Star Sharks!

That's all I had. I plan on stepping them up to 16" and making them wide to fill the flares. My dream wheels with my dream flares it all is starting to become a reality!

Thanks for looking.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/21/16 @ 17:24

So I have been buying little things here and there.

Got Kens radiator latchless piece!

I bought some canards a while back from Rod @tetsuyagarage thanks again man

I really hope these fit like I'm thinking they will. With TUCKIN99 flares they take up a lot of the front end and bulge out. So it will be a tight fit but we'll come to that when we need to. For meow I just stare and smile!

To give those an idea of what a double stepped lip can look like.

I think it looks better than expected. So I'm still on for doing 16's so far. Still have plenty of time to change if wanted.

As far as brakes go, I've been looking around and it seems like FM has something for everything.

The little big brake kit has 10" rotors setup that will fit 14" factory wheels. meow by no means will the Sharks be factory however I will give them a call to discuss more with them about the possibilities. I have been looking around and can't find much but still not dead set on anything yet.

And a little picture of the Texas trip a buddy took shit was it 2 years ago already.

I miss driving Brutus but sometime this year that will happen I gave up on a deadline so it will be done when it's done.

Oh and before I forget the engine builder has started the process. I need to order the thing from FM to get it going so I can at least get the engine put in the car again one day.

That's all for meow!
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/01/16 @ 12:45

So I actually found time to get out in the garage to put the flares on. I had already drilled the holes for the rear so the hard part was already out of the way, just needed to do the fronts.

For some reason I was having a hell of a time switching the rivnut gun adapters. Apparently lefty loosey righty righty didn't work. It's clock wise to loosen it and counterclockwise to tighten. Once I got that I put the rivnuts in there place it was pretty straight forward from there.

I may or may not drill holes in the bumper to secure the front but from what I've seen around most don't seem to do that. I can always do it later if needed but they are very secure as is.

Takes about 30 seconds to take each flare off if wanted which is exactly what I wanted.
I just need to get some gaskets for inbetween the flares and the body and the bolts and the flare as well.
Fitment feels really snug and looks really good. Very small gaps in some places but not many and not big enough to care about.

I put the wheels I have for sell with rs3 225/45/15 with rota RKR 15x9 0 offset on just to see how they would look, and they actually don't look that bad. If I don't sell them I'll just keep them and use a spacer for a bit till I get the Sharks where I want them.

Can't wait till I can put them all on and have the car on all 4's again to see how they will look. Unless someone buys them first of course.

Then I put the front bumper on just to see how much I would need to trim off and it's a decent amount but it's kind of what I expected so I'll get to that soon.

Then of course since I just got my garagevary canards in I needed to see if they fit right? I won't have a clear answer yet until I trim the flares but looking at a couple pictures I believe they will fit with a little modification if needed to the flares.

I used Charlie's car and Hiroki.yui's Miatas to kind of blend the front end together.
As you can see in both pictures the canard goes right below the reflector, and so does the flares.

So once I trim the flare it may fit easily or it may not we shall see. I think the canards have a little lip on the end which may be the issue if anything.

Very rough mockup

So that's been my weekend so far. Hopefully everything continues to go smooth!
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/01/16 @ 12:46

Went out today and trimmed the front flares up. Just used my dremel and slowly cut away until it was the perfect fit. Still need to put some rubber to fill the gaps in between the flares and the body but no rush there.

I cut about an inch and a half off to make it fit correctly.

I put the flares back on to test fit and then dremel then test fit then dremel.

Came out to this on both sides.

Looks pretty good in my mind, I'll wait to bolt it all down till I'm ready to put the flare on full time.

I'll be test fitting the canards later today to see if they will actually fit.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/01/16 @ 12:47

So I got the canards fitted on and they fit! Very very close to the flares themselves. I had to tuck a little but under the flare itself but they aren't going anywhere once secured. I was nervous with how far the flares went it just didn't seem possible but they fit!

I will most likely use rivnuts through the bumper to secure them so I can take them on and off easily but we'll see. Just very glad that they actually fit. I see them as more of air deflectors than anything but they look good nevertheless.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 05/01/16 @ 12:53

Got my manual rack in from Evan. Thanks again man! I will get that in probably next weekend.

Also meow have full possession over the StarSharks and they look like they were taken care of decently well. Some random chips here and there but none in the faces. Very excited to get things started one day.

I just need to find some center caps meow!

Regardless the order of things will be the motor build needs to get finished up then ill continue with the wheel build. This is where things start to slow down due to expenses. Remember I have a wedding coming up too that I need to save for as well.

So I'll see you guys around with some shark photos every meow and then!
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 05/08/16 @ 14:21

*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL* OH MY GOD THESE WHEEELS!!!!!111111oneoneoneone
99' Miata
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 05/11/16 @ 00:58

I also got a manual rack.

Hope my left arm starts working again....

Those wheels with the flares are going to break necks. Bump for someone working on an amazing project.
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 04/08/17 @ 12:22

Brooooo when did the forum come back up?!?!?!!?
Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 04/10/17 @ 14:35

Crazyblackman wrote:Brooooo when did the forum come back up?!?!?!!?

Well it has been up as long as I can remember. You had issues accessing it?
99' Miata
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 06/10/17 @ 00:54

Teejay187 wrote:
Crazyblackman wrote:Brooooo when did the forum come back up?!?!?!!?

Well it has been up as long as I can remember. You had issues accessing it?

I guess so, I thought everyone just stopped going on. It wouldn’t load on my Mac for a while or on my phone.

Glad to see it’s back!
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 06/25/17 @ 13:52

GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

return to “build threads”