DK's Build Thread.

half of you phaggots have miatas. i want to see the other half. trollolol
Dough_boy
//elite

Re: DK's Build Thread.

postby Dough_boy » 01/09/14 @ 08:12

Lol. I just saw you driving by when i was leaving work.
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 01/09/14 @ 09:55

DK Wolf wrote:While I'm deployed I'll probably get a shop to build a cage and re-paint the whole thing for me. I have a few sets of rcomps, and wheels sitting in storage waiting for racing season out here to come by (seriously lame how the east coast just doesn't race during this part of the year... I even bought tires that are supposedly good for the rain.. :(

Ah well... I'll race when I get back from the sandbox.

I think it's the cold in the northeast, not precipitation that keeps people away from the tracks this time of year. I've been up to the Glen in October and it is COLD. Southern tracks like VIR would definitely be doable but NJMSP, Pocono, Watkins Glen, etc are just too cold for people to enjoy a day at the track.
1990 Miata, SNC 1.6, DIY Randall, R-Package Lip, Overnight parts from Japan.
1979 XS650, far from stock.
1995 Sportster, 'merica. Wrecked.
2007 Sportster, 'merica 2.0.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/09/14 @ 09:58

Derek wrote:
DK Wolf wrote:While I'm deployed I'll probably get a shop to build a cage and re-paint the whole thing for me. I have a few sets of rcomps, and wheels sitting in storage waiting for racing season out here to come by (seriously lame how the east coast just doesn't race during this part of the year... I even bought tires that are supposedly good for the rain.. :(

Ah well... I'll race when I get back from the sandbox.

I think it's the cold in the northeast, not precipitation that keeps people away from the tracks this time of year. I've been up to the Glen in October and it is COLD. Southern tracks like VIR would definitely be doable but NJMSP, Pocono, Watkins Glen, etc are just too cold for people to enjoy a day at the track.

Well clearly they aren't as viking as me. I'd be down to do a freezing cold track day. Plus experimenting with tires to see which work better while cold is nice.

Plus it makes driving a little easier when it a little nippy. :P fatigue wise
Dough_boy
//elite

postby Dough_boy » 01/09/14 @ 10:07

If you still need a deck lid just stop by my shop one day. Im to the point.of giving it away lol. I also have sone front ak fenders to, but dont think you need flared fenders.
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 01/09/14 @ 10:49

DK Wolf wrote:Well clearly they aren't as viking as me. I'd be down to do a freezing cold track day. Plus experimenting with tires to see which work better while cold is nice.

Plus it makes driving a little easier when it a little nippy. :P fatigue wise

Definitely not. My beard game is mediocre at best and I can't stand the cold.

Although I could get down on some cold weather tire science.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/09/14 @ 10:55

Direzza dz101s are the utter worst cold tire. And I use them daily. Its terrifyingly fun.

Dough_boy wrote:If you still need a deck lid just stop by my shop one day. Im to the point.of giving it away lol. I also have sone front ak fenders to, but dont think you need flared fenders.

I actually got a guy giving me a sweet deal on everything I need ao I'm good. He's supposed to come be tomorrow.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/09/14 @ 10:56

And I won't need fenders. My 15x9s 6uls fit nice as it is. Won't be necessary and its extra points against me for the class.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/10/14 @ 07:34

Aww.... yisssss
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/23/14 @ 19:32

Alright guys... this is how DK gets wiminz. In the most childish way possible.

phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 01/23/14 @ 20:01

hahahahhahaah awesome
don't get caught
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 01/23/14 @ 20:57

Ugh I miss the days of just being straight up with girls and they just eat it up.

I've been in a relationship sooo loooong
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/24/14 @ 09:14

Lol.. what is relationship?

I have never been in a relationship longer than a month.

Since I've been on the east coast, snagging these country girls is cake. Much easier than California chicks because I'm exotic here and that seems to have more value than being exotic in the melting pot of socal.
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 01/24/14 @ 09:26

Plus the big dick, apparently.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/24/14 @ 09:47

No its actually tiny. Ask Philly. A gay asked me at the bar and I told him I have a micro penis.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/24/14 @ 09:51

Plus every girl tells every guy their dick is huge like its some compliment or courtesy owed to us..its like us telling girls "noo. .. your tits are fiiiiiine."
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/29/14 @ 19:22

Bought a rollcage
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 01/29/14 @ 19:54

Your mom is awesome.
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out / 89' PitCrew :unicorn:
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/29/14 @ 20:50

I know she is.

Glad you find her entertaining.. I get my entertaining factor from her. hahaha
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 02/21/14 @ 15:44

Enjoy.

this is my other project car.

Teejay187
site admin

postby Teejay187 » 02/22/14 @ 06:29

Hangtime +999999 internets
99' Miata
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 02/22/14 @ 13:42

I got really drunk last night and sang this song with a 58 year old man in a bolo tie and cowboy hat.

For the first time since I've been in this city.... this is the first time I did not come back home with a woman. Still feel like the night was a victory however.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 02/22/14 @ 13:45

oh man. awesome jeep!
what is that...xj?
don't get caught
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 02/24/14 @ 16:16

That thing almost flew off the cliff near the end of the video. +100

Phour or Phive of my phriends have cherokees between 94' and 98'.

Overheating issues and transmissions seem to be the only headaches.
Swank Force One
i'm getting there...

postby Swank Force One » 02/24/14 @ 18:49

Highschool wrote:That thing almost flew off the cliff near the end of the video. +100

Transmissions are not a headache of XJs. Your friends have the inferior Grand Cherokee.
Masdur’s Godo Design Language shows its face in the m.nert swagger build, comprete with #SWAG bundle #4 Sponsored by LevRimiter and Sproinkin
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 02/25/14 @ 18:52

Highschool wrote:That thing almost flew off the cliff near the end of the video. +100

I almost did..

but my driving skills are so bodacious... it's copacetic as fuck

and overheating is an issue on XJs going high speed or those towing shit (not that any guy would ever tow with these). That's relative to transmission oil however, or lots of uphill driving.

Most of the time, it's a none issue. The XJs only weigh 3300lbs and with near 200hp it's adequate for most of it's usage.

I'm drunk, and invincible. My driving will always keep me safe!!
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 03/15/14 @ 19:33

slyskiller
jailbait

postby slyskiller » 03/15/14 @ 23:24

200k ftw
:fbgm:
Crazyblackman
//elite

postby Crazyblackman » 03/16/14 @ 01:47

I can't help but imagine driving next to you to see the excitement haha
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 05/01/14 @ 10:00

Alright.. a long awaited update. Sorry guys. Things got a little crazy on my end.

I got released early from theater for telling an Army Colonel he was wrong when in fact he was. He tried to UCMJ and Court Martial Me... ruling came back I get away with this scratch free. I'm back in Virginia and this Colonel is dealing with some significant backlash from his seriously huge misdecision. meow that explains why I'm back early. meow... onto the big boy story.

So I bought a 96 Bronco with a 351w in it. It's a beast and I got it dirt cheap. I have my XJ and it's been a blast but the lack of power and towing capability is really limiting. So I got something I can still go destroy out in the dunes and still be able to tow the Miata without any issue.

Best part? The plate will read "OJ SLW"
Thanks to woolery for the suggestion. :P

Then.. a week after I moved into my new place out in Virginia, I catch some kids creeping around the Miata. My spidey senses were tingling and I figured they were scoping the car out. A few days later they stole my hardtop. Not that big of a deal since I have full coverage and I'm in one of the highest gang violence rated areas of Virginia figured I'd better not confront anyone in the middle of the night and recreate a potential George Zimmerman situation.

Anyway, still dealing with the insurance at this point. I still have one of my extra hardtops that I fixed up a little. The two support arms for the frankenstien bolts were snapped off in transit, I took someone's suggestion on here (totally forgot who) and used a shitload of epoxy and gorilla glue and it held on super well. I tried re-breaking it and it's outstandingly strong.

Still need to wet/color sand the top. But I'll get to that a little later when I feel up for it.

So next up.

I rented a frame puller from a local bodyshop. Guy was cool enough to let me rent it for a few days while I do my pulling and straighten everything out. Pretty reasonable fees so here's what I'll be doing.

Essentially just old school pulling, drilling in holes and anchoring a chain attached to a pneumatic arm that pulls at near 20,000lbs. It pulls the metal straight again and is a god-send as opposed to spending days on days hammering away. I used some 2x4s, hammers, and pulling and got it to it's current level. Call me a magician. I always loved body-work and it's where most of my attention went when I was working on the Porsche. I'll cut corners on the mechanical aspect of things, but I'm pretty diligent on bodywork.

Here's a picture of everything taken off so you can see the damage. The angle of the bends were a bit more aggressive than I figured and I kind of doubted myself there a little.

With the puller, the rest of this part came in outstandingly easy. I almost made a critical mistake and that was pulling the trunk liner to match the rim of the trunk, luckily I noticed the trunk lip "shadow" underneath and kept it straight as opposed to curving it. Total brain-fart moment.

Also worth noting. I've worked on multiple car bodies in the past and the Miata has to be one of the toughest shells I've ever had to deal with. This tiny little car took TWO pneumatic arms at once pulling.. that's like 40k lbs. The shop owner was a little skeptical and thought I was out of my mind or that something would break. But nothing.. just popped out some dents and took it like a champ. It's some seriously high quality steel.

I probably won't end up painting it since I have zero experience blending. If it was the whole thing, sure I'd paint it. But this shop is giving me a super reasonable price for it.

I also have a few decals on the way that'll get slapped on the car. As some of you know, I'm kind of a fan of Bitcoin and I've received some financial support from the bitcoin community for my project. Here are the decals.

This one will be over the rear wheel fenders.

And this one will be on the doors, kind of like a driver number, but it's the QR code to my wallet if anyone feels the urge to help support the spread of the gospel of bitcoin and our lord and savior Dori Satoshi

I'll also be getting a regular car number, probably 911 (tribute to my 911, obviously.. have to be douchey like that)

Anyway, I also have NT01s and Avanti wheels on the way and at this point she'll be track ready. A little late for the season but hey.. nothing's perfect. Hopefully I'll be hitting VIR and Mid Ohio soon enough.
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 05/01/14 @ 12:31

"OJ SLW" is killing me right meow. Nice choice.

Sorry to hear about the hard top nonsense. Thieves suck a phat one.

Hope to see you soon!
Sploinkin
//elite

postby Sploinkin » 05/01/14 @ 12:39

Hope insurance comes through on the hardtop. I'm kinda the opposite of you, I'll do everything right mechanically but I take my fuckitall pills when it comes to bodywork.
phillyb™ wrote:and we still listened. just proving once more that cpb is cooler than your gf
Crazyblackman
//elite

DK's Build Thread.

postby Crazyblackman » 05/01/14 @ 20:15

That's good you had a spare hardtop, been wanting to paint mine just, don't want to... Thieves can quite literally eat a bag of dicks
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 05/01/14 @ 21:36

Im not even mad that it got stolen. I really dont care. I have insurance and all I care about is not losing my money.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 05/02/14 @ 08:49

Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 05/02/14 @ 09:24

Best vanity plate of 2014.

Hands down.

Mandatory OJ Simpson update....

"U.S. cable network Investigation Discovery (ID) will air a documentary about the O.J. Simpson trial on June 12.

Produced by Every Hill Films with executive producer Nicole Rittenmeyer (History’s 102 Minutes that Changed America), OJ: Trial of the Century recounts one of the most publicized criminal cases in American history.

The doc will air as part of the network’s ‘ID Films’ strand and exclusively use archival footage to give younger viewers a sense of how the case unfolded at the time.

In 1995, the celebrated NFL star and entertainer went on trial in Los Angeles on two counts of murder after the deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and waiter Ron Goldman in June 1994. Police apprehended Simpson following a car chase on Los Angeles freeways that was broadcast live."

http://realscreen.com/2014/04/30/id-to-air-o-j-simpson-trial-documentary-in-june/#ixzz30Z11HEnS

I remember the exact moment Juice was running from the 'incident.'

My phriend and I had just phinished watching 'The Fugitive' when the live news pheed came on.

Still can't believe he got away with it.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 05/03/14 @ 12:35

Bodywork is done.

Monday is paint-time. I'm going to try my hand at blending probably. Going to lay down the primer, and then with the guidance of the shop owner try to blend for myself. If I don't feel comfortable I'll just have him do it for me.

LOOK AT HOW STRAIGHT THAT TRUNK IS THOUGH!!! WOOO!!
Sploinkin
//elite

postby Sploinkin » 05/07/14 @ 13:48

That trunk is straighter than any miata driver I've known.
phillyb™ wrote:and we still listened. just proving once more that cpb is cooler than your gf
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 05/07/14 @ 17:27

So of course.. I'd be the guy who paints his fucking Miata half pink.

Awesome.

while I was painting I thought it looked a little light, but figured it'll settle a little darker as it dries.. LOL NOPE.

I'm never computer matching paint ever again. Going to start all over and this will add an additional 3-4 days of work. GAAAHHH
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 05/07/14 @ 20:34

lol you phaggot.
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 05/07/14 @ 21:22

hahahaha. good shit dk
don't get caught

return to “build threads”