DK's Build Thread.

half of you phaggots have miatas. i want to see the other half. trollolol
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

DK's Build Thread.

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 06:16

:tits:

Sup cum socks. Here is my build thread and it's journey.

Back in August I bought a Miata in SoCal while I was stationed in Japan.

Couple issues with the car, paint was pretty shoddy, had a few dents and I wasn't about to have that. So I had it sent out to my local mexican paint shop and had them take care of it.

This was the finished product (I was still in Japan by the time it was done).
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

Re: DK's Build Thread.

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 06:26

So while I was in Japan I ran a shitload of parts for the car community in the US. I made a lot. First year I made about 8 grand on the side.. 2nd year I made 16 grand on the side (although the last year was mostly to the fact that I found a Spirit R FD mostly intact and I parted it out) which these funds helped build my previous 500hp Monster FD
Here are some shots of my FD.
Even made it in the local Japanese car mags during one of my Oki-Autox competitions

Anyway.. towards the last 6 months or so of me being stationed in japan I was hooking up Miata guys stateside with parts at cost (no DK-tax on parts) and I was hooking up people like crazy. Anyway... what I learned from my time out there is that the absolute best parts for Miatas are all in the US. If you're performance minded.. the US has unquestionably higher quality parts. And if you ever want to seriously mod a Miata without walking into fabrication territory.. the NA6 is the engine/chassis to get if you want the good aftermarket.

Anyway.. here's some parts from Japan I decided I liked and brought back with me.
Picked up an HKS Super Drager (sounds absolutely phantastic by the way)
I think I'm the only guy in the states that has this RSR. I haven't heard or seen anyone else with this one.. And this isn't the Racing Beat RSR either .Seth (Dazedandconfused) is holding this for me... and I haven't put it on just yet.. although I bet it sounds amazing.
Got this CUSCO bar.. and I like the CUSCO stuff (except for the rollcage) not extremely high quality for their door bars, but most of their other stuff is pretty decent.

Also snagged these for an ungodly deal.

(broke 4 of my fingers weight lifting earlier that week.. like a beast)

meow onto my favorite wheels I've seen on Miatas. These are my Lorbers, and they're absolutely gorgeous. They don't come with polished lips so I had them machined, but I LOVE THESE WHEELS. They're heavy as balls, but they're my daily shoes and I do quite enjoy them.
(specs 15x7 +33)

At this point I just arrived to the states and finally got to throw on my parts.

DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 06:33

Then I went to go visit 949 racing (they're just down the street from my house in CA)

I had been talking to Emilio for the past couple weeks about letting him use my Maxim header for testing because we were curious about it's gains. There are no head to head dynos of the Maxim against the RB header and we wanted to squash the speculation once and for all.

So first things first. If you're going to use JDM headers on your Miata... you need to remember the flanges are different between USDM and JDM headers, also the cats are different sizes.
After a couple days I get an email from Emilio and this is what he sent me.

They perform about the same, although Sonny did tell me that they didn't fully tune the Maxim so you can expect the exact same power levels, maybe a tiny edge to the Maxim in that case (the RB is tuned appropriately)

Both headers are on the same car with the exact same set up.

Anyway...
I get angry really easy.

here's some video of the HKS Super Drager (there's a slight exhaust leak due to not having the appropriate gaskets) but it's super super deep. ZERO DRONE. Better sounding exhausts I've heard.

here's the exhaust with the maxim and straight pipe. (still have the same exhaust leak)

And because I want you all to hate me.. here's my Miata next to my 911.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 06:42

meow... here is some next level of epicness here... it's too long for me to rewrite so I'll copy paste from my previous postings.

[QUOTE=DK Wolf;106949]Alright.. I had probably one of the best weekends in a long time. This is more a story of what happened during my weekend than part of the actual build thread.

So, caturday I decided to was going to leave Big Bear and head back to town and grab my stuff (my home is 2 hours away/115miles) and then drive up to SLO (San Louis Obispo, 4.5 hr drive 230miles) to go see my best friend. So coming down the mountain was a blast as always, I left in the morning and had ZERO traffic and tore it up. I have to say, the Direzza dz101 tires are UTTER CRAP when it's remotely cold. Once they heat up, or ambient temps are warmer they really are a good set of tires.
I get home, grab my stuff and head out on the 405 to head north. While I'm on the freeway and I catch this girl lookin at me. I'm driving top down, wind in my hurr and bashing my stereo because it won't turn on again (I was having a chronic issue with my cigarette lighter and stereo being non-operable). So this girl keeps looking, waves, makes faces and mouths the words "You're cute" and I'm just flattered. I don't really know what I can do so I just keep looking and smiling. This keeps happening for about 3-4 miles and then she does the "call me" hand sign and I just said screw it... I'm doing this. I scrambled in my car looking for a pen and a paper... and the one time in my life I do have these items... it was amazing. Found an old receipt from Carls Jr and wrote my number down, I drive up past her and wave the paper out the window (keep in mind, this is going 65mph on the freeway) she freaks out and rolls down her window... I also forgot to mention she's sitting passenger in a lifted F150 so I pretty much come in at the worst possible angle, I make her car stop and we're pretty much making an L in the middle of America's most dangerous freeway I stand up from my seat and give her my number and speed off. 3 minutes later she calls me and we have a short conversation. I literally can't believe that just happened. So because I know you guys will say pics or it didn't happen. Here's a screen shot of me trying to word what happened to the best of my abilities and having her confirm it.

Anyway.. she was cute.. nothing really to brag about honestly

Then I make it up to SLO to my buddies house. And did some work on the miata to fix the wiring.

I have to say... Mazda has absolutely the worst wiring in their cars in the 90s... absolutely the worst. So I fixed the Cigarette lighter and stereo by replacing the fuse (PO has wrapped copper wire around the prongs giving it intermittent connection which is what threw me off when diagnosing it).

So my friend Matt and I hit the bar scene in SLO. And it was a complete blast. We showed up a little later in the evening (11pm) and only have about 2 hours to do our deal. We demolished... we just sat down and eyed the most attractive girls in the bars and our friend bet us we couldn't talk to them... these fools don't know DK. I turned right around and introduced myself and we had ourselves a conversation, got them a few drinks and went off to another bar. By the end of the evening Matt and I got three numbers individually and we've been texting these girls since then. I'll be going back up next week and we will see where the tides take us. But all of these girls were pretty righteously attractive. So for you guys that will soon be local to me, feel free to hit me up at your local bar scene and we can have some fun. :P
(worth noting... I haven't drank in about a year and it was my first time drinking so it was weird re-popping my cherry).

(hit up Pismo beach too in my buddies cars... felt so dirty being a bro)

Driving back down.. the highway girl hits me up and wants to have coffee at like 8pm. We meet up, and well.... I'm kind of in a rush and just get to the point (in a non-douchey way) and we end up going back to her car and we did the deeeeeeeeed.

This chick was banana sandwich though.. she was asking if we're dating and stuff and I froze... had no idea how to answer and said to ask that once we have a proper date. It was weird man... she's 28 and I'm 22 and was talking about setting up a long distance relationship while I'm in VA.. and that's a no-go for me. She was attractive, but so badly desperate and I couldn't figure it out.

Anyway... that was my unreal weekend[/QUOTE]

Then.. the other girl that I met while I was up there.. I have started to "see" even though we're on opposite sides of the country..

And because you guys know I don't do anything without pics..

But yeah.. first time that I can actually say I like this individual. It's weird.

You want to know how I knew I was head over heels for this chick? We went on the topic of corn subsidizes and she knew the entire topic in depth and everything that it affects to quite an extent. We've been talking about the most insane shit just constantly and she's so well informed... I'm so happy she's not retarded.. so.. soooo happy.
minto
//elite

postby minto » 11/17/13 @ 06:47

Hey DK! nice cars bruh
[ Minty.Fresh NA8 | RX8 | JZX100 ]
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 06:48

meow.. back to build thread stuff.

And my thermostat housing is leaking.. it's super fucking annoying.

radiator flush.

Because race car... no I didn't do this for the rice factor. I have giant thick legs (27 inches around each one mang shheeeeeeeyaaaaah) and getting in and out without the quick release is some painful stuff.

Anyway.. on my drive from CA to VA.. here's what happened.

Had one encounter with border patrol.

And North Carolina drivers fucking suck some serious dick. Hit and run. This mofo plows right into my back end and just keeps going. Unreal.
Car got totalled, got 1400 for it, bought it back for 80 bucks. Rear end is still fucked but I'll fix it later on. Car is straight however.

Decided I'm no bitch and signed up for the local SCCA event the next morning after my accident anyway. Fuck it right? RACE CAR.

How your local white african passes tech

And here's me with my Xidas after they finally arrived (took them 3 months).
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 06:55

minto wrote:Hey DK! nice cars bruh

Thanks dude. Been a while since I've seen you anywhere. :P
GeorgeG5
//elite

postby GeorgeG5 » 11/17/13 @ 07:28

don't want to ruin your parade you phaggot, but the RB vs. MW test has been done 4 years ago already

green is MW, red is RB, same car

DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 07:44

That motor isn't stock, which throws that entire thing out the window. We wanted a baseline test. For modified engines you'll want specific headers for specific reasons. However for the average person, the Maxim just isn't a viable option when the RB makes the same power.

Emilio has dynoed the vast majority of headers for Miatas, the only ones he hadn't done were the Maxim and some crazy Stule custom made one that's like 3 grand.

He did the Marahua header or whatever.. same as the RB. Not to mention there's not that much power to make on the exhaust side of the Miata anyway, odds are they did a little extra.
GeorgeG5
//elite

postby GeorgeG5 » 11/17/13 @ 08:07

ok, point taken
Skinny
the ginger ninjer

postby Skinny » 11/17/13 @ 08:11

So whats the deal with the 930? Sorry have a raging hangover and would rather drink more then read at the moment.
In 30 seconds you'll be dead and I'll be home in time for Corn Flakes.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 08:24

Skinny wrote:So whats the deal with the 930? Sorry have a raging hangover and would rather drink more then read at the moment.

It's not a 930.. it's a 911SC. (930 is reserved strictly for the turbo models)

I've had that thing since I was a sophomore in highschool. I was supposed to sell it two years ago when I decided I was going to buy my house and use it as a down payment.. but I didn't have to do that. :) so meow I'm just sitting on it, waiting for it to keep going up in value and use it to buy another house or fund something else. It's essentially acting as my backup to my savings account. I've taken it to a few KINOD meets and stuff and it's one of the nicest 911SCs you'll find, but I don't want to risk anything happening to it.

Here are some pics from it's transformation.
When I first bought her (with Daddy's money) in 2006 for 2 grand.. it was a POS. Paint was fucked, doors were all bashed in, motor was toast, interior was rotting.. it was in super rough shape.
Decided to go balls to the wall as a kid in my garage. Claimed the garage as my own household territoray.
Redid the entire interior.. I found these sets of seats from a Pick and Pull just laying outside. I have no idea what they're from but they were super comfy and I decided to buy them.

As you can see I redyed the entire interior from it's baige/brown whatever to red. That took a year and it was a pain in the ass.. went through a few different dye types to finally find one that didn't powder everywhere and leaves fucking traces and make the fabric feel like shit.

tried my hand at stitching them myself, but I sucked at it. My Dad ended up doing it for me.

I did have the whale tale on it.. but I decided I liked it better without.

After I went home on leave last month, I got to hang out with Ashley Deluca (Ashmagash) and I saw her car.. and first thing I did was tell her the exact paint she had (she kept saying no one knows what it is). She thought she was fucking special and unique.. MOTHER FUCKER HAD THE EXACT SAME PAINT JOB I HAVE. I was so furious. Anyway.. she's my nemesis for life meow.

Paint is Pearl Grey.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 08:38

Oh yeah.. here's a couple projects I dived into while I was Japanistan side.

Hoopty

Blue zoomer is mine.. named it the Shitty Hawk.. after the notorious Kitty Hawk naval carrier.

300hp GC8 Build.. pretty fucking fun.

Ugly as sin wheels however. Never cared. RALLY WANNA BE!
Because DK never gave no fucks fo' nuttin
Skinny
the ginger ninjer

postby Skinny » 11/17/13 @ 09:12

Props on the Porsche, looks real nice.
In 30 seconds you'll be dead and I'll be home in time for Corn Flakes.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/17/13 @ 20:02

Installed the Xidas.. found out where the exhaust fumes were entering my cabin... the shift boot (I apparently don't even have one.. how am I alive after driving across the country like that?!)

simpl
still a n00b

postby simpl » 11/18/13 @ 13:43

Nice man. Hadn't seen/talked to you much anymore after you got banned on CR...that and MR is too damn slow! I'll be headed to the junkyards sometime soon. I'll keep an eye out for some rear parts (unless its a finish panel cuz i needs it)

What did you say at the end of the video?
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/19/13 @ 12:20

That he's a son of a whore and the he should fuck himself
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 11/19/13 @ 12:33

hahaha another banned CR member.

GC8 looked like phun. I like the rear bumper in the Gif. Great thread.
90' Silverstone / 99' EGM - it'll buff out / 89' PitCrew :unicorn:
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 11/19/13 @ 14:02

fav thread
don't get caught
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 11/20/13 @ 16:28

DK has cock suckers.

Cock suckers errywhere.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/27/13 @ 09:19

I racecar pretty hard
Derek
donated to the club!

postby Derek » 11/27/13 @ 10:33

That's not what I was expecting to see as I was waiting for the photo to load.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, though...
1990 Miata, SNC 1.6, DIY Randall, R-Package Lip, Overnight parts from Japan.
1979 XS650, far from stock.
1995 Sportster, 'merica. Wrecked.
2007 Sportster, 'merica 2.0.
vejatabul
//elite

postby vejatabul » 11/27/13 @ 12:09

DK be havin' so many cock swangers...
slyskiller
jailbait

postby slyskiller » 11/27/13 @ 13:02

DK you are my spirit animal. I fucking love you. :phillyb™:
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 11/27/13 @ 13:09

@DK Wolf

messaged you about the parts you're looking for.
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 11/27/13 @ 13:15

Dang dat azn was cute
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 11/27/13 @ 13:25

I still hate all of you.

And highschool... replied.

except vej.. we're something special.
Highschool
//elite

postby Highschool » 11/29/13 @ 17:37

DK Wolf wrote:I still hate all of you.

And highschool... replied.

except vej.. we're something special.

:bukkake: vej scares me in a good way. while on the subject, when are we gonna see the suicide girls midget?
chriss
n00b

postby chriss » 11/30/13 @ 06:37

Firstly, I think I want to get those Brides and sick deep alloys in bed with me..

Secondly,
"I get home, grab my stuff and head out on the 405 to head north. While I'm on the freeway and I catch this girl lookin at me. I'm driving top down, wind in my hurr and bashing my stereo because it won't turn on again (I was having a chronic issue with my cigarette lighter and stereo being non-operable). So this girl keeps looking, waves, makes faces and mouths the words "You're cute" and I'm just flattered. I don't really know what I can do so I just keep looking and smiling. This keeps happening for about 3-4 miles and then she does the "call me" hand sign and I just said screw it... I'm doing this. I scrambled in my car looking for a pen and a paper... and the one time in my life I do have these items... it was amazing. Found an old receipt from Carls Jr and wrote my number down, I drive up past her and wave the paper out the window (keep in mind, this is going 65mph on the freeway) she freaks out and rolls down her window... I also forgot to mention she's sitting passenger in a lifted F150 so I pretty much come in at the worst possible angle, I make her car stop and we're pretty much making an L in the middle of America's most dangerous freeway I stand up from my seat and give her my number and speed off. 3 minutes later she calls me and we have a short conversation. I literally can't believe that just happened. So because I know you guys will say pics or it didn't happen. Here's a screen shot of me trying to word what happened to the best of my abilities and having her confirm it."
Dang nicely played mate ;) :tits:

that miata is shit hot ^.^

good man for standing up to that douche with his pet and his pet dog. ;)

Sweet 911SC, would love to have something like this "sleeping" in my garage!
:kitty:
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 12/09/13 @ 07:34

Fucking craigslist yo
Mazduh
//elite

postby Mazduh » 12/09/13 @ 11:10

Haha... You gon get raped!

Also, wtf? Why is your status bar full of shit? Fucking don't understand folks who run like 15 apps at a time on their phone.
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 12/09/13 @ 18:31

I have to keep track of my Rams losing and the bitches sending me nudes. Duh.
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 12/09/13 @ 22:16

Guess you didn't get killed.

Raped, possibly, but you probably liked it.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 12/10/13 @ 06:45

No man. These guys pulled up in their van in the sketchiest way possible. Here I am parked like a civilized adult, these guys come blasting in like a bat outta hell and park sideways in like 4 parking spots. I almost upped and left when the side door slid open and three people came out.

Their only saving grace was it was painfully obvious these were church people and this wad probably their church shuttle van (although still unmarked)

You could tell from the clean cut "go-with-christ" haircuts the guys had and the fact those little anniying bastards are always happy.

Shitlickers tried to haggle but I wasn't having it "pretty sure my ad said firm on the price"

"Is there anything you can though? For us?

"Sorry man, my price is already more than fair and I'm sure you know that"

"But its christmas!"

"And I'm actually muslim....."

Got it.

After living with the hardest to haggle people in the world out on oki. These BS tricks has little effect.

Was still amusing. Its like going to little league after playing the majors hahaha
phillyb™
//banned

postby phillyb™ » 12/10/13 @ 11:52

hahahahaha. that was phunny.
pics of van?
don't get caught
Chrismx5
donated to the club!

postby Chrismx5 » 12/10/13 @ 16:18

Ahh good to see you made it through with nothing more than a prayer.

Sorry you didn't get laid though. Would have been a good way to break that dry spell hey?

:tits:
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 12/21/13 @ 18:50

So I had some free time. Decided to finally throw in the radiator and fans.

Pulled out the OEM rad and started working on the wiring for the Mishi fans, and the PO had a weird set up as well as not having properly connected his connectors. It was pretty shady work and two of the wires weren't actually connected at all... even with an enourmous amount of electrical tape.

So DK does his thing, and uses red tape to properly bind the two pairs. I'll eventually get a pig tail but it's of no major worry for meow.

Anyway, here's some side by side shots of the 55mm Mishi with fans and the OEM rad setup

and presto, here it is.. done.

my only complaint is that the Mishi fans are pretty goddamned loud. But that's about it. Everything else was pretty straight forward and I had no issues during the install.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 12/23/13 @ 21:21

So here's the logo for the race team I'm starting out with my bestfriend/roommate.

Here are two logos, one is a compact design, just a simple badge. The other is the full blown logo.

The wheel mesh is actually grey in the final product with red lettering for RBR. I'll post up other pictures of it in a bit.

And here is the "car friendly" design... I took a page out of 949racings book about making a simple elegant design and something you could apply to your vehicle without too much "flash"

Had saemda (or whatever goddamn it I'm tired) design everything for me, and here's the final call. I picked B out of these listed because I think it looks the best.
Dough_boy
//elite

postby Dough_boy » 01/08/14 @ 18:39

Pretty sure i just saw you cruising through poquoson a little bit ago. Car looks good, even with the back all fubared.
DK Wolf
donated to the club!

postby DK Wolf » 01/09/14 @ 01:42

Ehh.. the paint is in absurdly rough shape. She really isn't attractive. Not by a long shot.

While I'm deployed I'll probably get a shop to build a cage and re-paint the whole thing for me. I have a few sets of rcomps, and wheels sitting in storage waiting for racing season out here to come by (seriously lame how the east coast just doesn't race during this part of the year... I even bought tires that are supposedly good for the rain.. :(

Ah well... I'll race when I get back from the sandbox.

return to “build threads”