ask anything thread

see something cool on the road? rice of the day? do you know what jumper cables are?
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/11/13 @ 10:17

need a quick answer to a question?
post the question here.

1) do i connect my negative or positive terminal first when jumping a car?
negative

2) do i want to run a light weight pulley on my boosted engine?
no, you may want to look at the ati or super miata damper though...

3) MY HARDTOP BRACKET BOLTS KEEP COMING OUT!!! what can i do?
use loctite
don't get caught
user avatar
andy
donated to the club!
posts: 713
joined: 10/08/13 @ 16:58
location: Miami, Florida

Re: ask anything thread

postby andy » 10/11/13 @ 11:48

OK I have one. What is the difference between an na6 and an nb6 engine?
Only thing I can think of is one is obd2.
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/11/13 @ 11:53

don't get caught
user avatar
GeorgeG5
//elite
posts: 672
joined: 10/02/13 @ 00:13
location: third world
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby GeorgeG5 » 10/11/13 @ 12:01

some of NB6 cars are OBDI (including mine). Around here, OBDII was introduced maybe in 2002.

Difference is the same as between NA8 and NB8

NB6 has hall sensors, shim over bucket system. But it uses the BP throttle body. Intake manifold and header bolt patterns are the same as on NA6.

NA6 has a bit more power (3kw or so), but there was a second NA B6 (94-97) that was restricted to 66kw to increase the difference between NA8 and NA6 (less then 10kw between the 89-93 B6 and BP)

Do you want to know anything in particular?
user avatar
andy
donated to the club!
posts: 713
joined: 10/08/13 @ 16:58
location: Miami, Florida

Re: ask anything thread

postby andy » 10/11/13 @ 16:56

How long time wise would it take to replace a speedo cable without removing the gauge cluster. I want to know if I start today I can finish today.
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/11/13 @ 17:14

yes you can.
probably a couple of hours.

watch

don't get caught
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/11/13 @ 17:18

@xbeatles4x
don't get caught
user avatar
bryan805
still a n00b
posts: 22
joined: 10/09/13 @ 23:34
location: Santa Maria, Ca

Re: ask anything thread

postby bryan805 » 10/11/13 @ 18:34

Super off topic, but who makes the "I'm not gay, I just love miatas" shirt with the rainbow going over the miater? Wanted one for a while meow just couldn't find a site for it haha
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/11/13 @ 18:54

according to a few sites, this is where you used to be able to get them - http://www.touge.co.uk/just-really-love ... 1274-p.asp

but i can't find anything recent
don't get caught
user avatar
bryan805
still a n00b
posts: 22
joined: 10/09/13 @ 23:34
location: Santa Maria, Ca

Re: ask anything thread

postby bryan805 » 10/11/13 @ 19:01

Site doesnt work, I guess ill just have to have someone make it or something.
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/11/13 @ 19:30

ugh, yeah. i meant to mention that.
site's dead. lol
don't get caught
user avatar
DaleNixon
//elite
posts: 129
joined: 10/11/13 @ 13:48

Re: ask anything thread

postby DaleNixon » 10/11/13 @ 19:38

When you've ruled out the vacuum lines, replaced the gas cap, and replaced the purge valve solenoid, what's the next step in getting rid of a P0455 code?
user avatar
Stoly
#loftlife
posts: 155
joined: 10/09/13 @ 13:19
location: SoCal

Re: ask anything thread

postby Stoly » 10/11/13 @ 19:38

Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
user avatar
andy
donated to the club!
posts: 713
joined: 10/08/13 @ 16:58
location: Miami, Florida

Re: ask anything thread

postby andy » 10/12/13 @ 14:44

Does the r package front lip really do anything beneficial? I took it off when i got the car painted and looks wise it is a toss up. I do not tend toward one way or another. Just at this point I am contemplating if I should sell it or use it.
user avatar
Nicktorius™
//elite
posts: 240
joined: 10/01/13 @ 17:43
location: Tacoma, WA

Re: ask anything thread

postby Nicktorius™ » 10/12/13 @ 15:05

Can I fit 15x17 -32 wheels on my NA without rolling or pulling the fenders?
I'll poop in your butt hole and then you will poop it back into my butt and we will keep doing it back and forth with the same poop. Forever.
user avatar
Teejay187
site admin
posts: 1321559
joined: 10/01/13 @ 14:08
location: Oslo, Norway

Re: ask anything thread

postby Teejay187 » 10/12/13 @ 16:54

Nicktorius™™ wrote:Can I fit 15x17 -32 wheels on my NA without rolling or pulling the fenders?


Sure. Just take the fenders off. No problem
99' Miata
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/12/13 @ 21:02

xbeatles4x wrote:Does the r package front lip really do anything beneficial? I took it off when i got the car painted and looks wise it is a toss up. I do not tend toward one way or another. Just at this point I am contemplating if I should sell it or use it.


looks...
don't get caught
user avatar
andy
donated to the club!
posts: 713
joined: 10/08/13 @ 16:58
location: Miami, Florida

Re: ask anything thread

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 01:09

Then it is probably going to be sold.
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 10/13/13 @ 01:11

yeah. i like those. sell it here! lol
don't get caught
user avatar
andy
donated to the club!
posts: 713
joined: 10/08/13 @ 16:58
location: Miami, Florida

Re: ask anything thread

postby andy » 10/13/13 @ 01:14

Actually it would have gone in my shelf until I decide what I want to do but a friend of mine just picked up a miata and meow has been bothering me if I would sell it to him.
user avatar
Crazyblackman
//elite
posts: 1046
joined: 10/10/13 @ 02:33
location: Arizona

Re: ask anything thread

postby Crazyblackman » 10/14/13 @ 15:42

Watanabes 15x8 or 15x 8.5 ...will Mainly used for Light track and dd work
Also what size tires do you think I can fit in that bitch with rolled fenders on?
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
user avatar
revlimiter
//elite
posts: 357
joined: 10/01/13 @ 20:41

Re: ask anything thread

postby revlimiter » 10/14/13 @ 16:02

Yes, the front R-lip lowers drag. There's a reason all the Spec guys have them on their cars.
user avatar
Commanche
workin' it in
posts: 97
joined: 10/09/13 @ 22:56
location: North of HOTlanta

Re: ask anything thread

postby Commanche » 10/14/13 @ 16:11

Crazyblackman wrote:Watanabes 15x8 or 15x 8.5 ...will Mainly used for Light track and dd work
Also what size tires do you think I can fit in that bitch with rolled fenders on?


I would say 8, but it also depends on offset.


6UL's come in 15x9 but have positive offset letting you fit a wider tire. As opposed to having a 15x9 et0 which will poke some and will have to stretch tire to get it to fit properly.

Here is a local HOT-lantian. 15x8 +15 on 205/50

image
last edited by Commanche on 10/14/13 @ 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
image
user avatar
vejatabul
//elite
posts: 234
joined: 10/01/13 @ 15:21

Re: ask anything thread

postby vejatabul » 10/14/13 @ 16:12

Am I going to ruin the nice smell of this place by spreading my shit-laced words all over the site?
user avatar
Crazyblackman
//elite
posts: 1046
joined: 10/10/13 @ 02:33
location: Arizona

Re: ask anything thread

postby Crazyblackman » 10/14/13 @ 16:18

Commanche wrote:
Crazyblackman wrote:Watanabes 15x8 or 15x 8.5 ...will Mainly used for Light track and dd work
Also what size tires do you think I can fit in that bitch with rolled fenders on?


I would say 8, but it also depends on offset.


6UL's come in 15x9 but have positive offset letting you fit a wider tire. As opposed to having a 15x9 et0 which will poke some and will have to stretch tire to get it to fit properly.


Plan was 0 offset but am not opposed to some positive offset as well I don't the poke... Are there advantages to stretch compared fitted besides fitting correctly
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
user avatar
Commanche
workin' it in
posts: 97
joined: 10/09/13 @ 22:56
location: North of HOTlanta

Re: ask anything thread

postby Commanche » 10/14/13 @ 16:30

Crazyblackman wrote:
Commanche wrote:
Crazyblackman wrote:Watanabes 15x8 or 15x 8.5 ...will Mainly used for Light track and dd work
Also what size tires do you think I can fit in that bitch with rolled fenders on?


I would say 8, but it also depends on offset.


6UL's come in 15x9 but have positive offset letting you fit a wider tire. As opposed to having a 15x9 et0 which will poke some and will have to stretch tire to get it to fit properly.


Plan was 0 offset but am not opposed to some positive offset as well I don't the poke... Are there advantages to stretch compared fitted besides fitting correctly


I don't believe so. Here is a fellow atlantian with 15x8 +15 on 205/50

image
image
user avatar
Crazyblackman
//elite
posts: 1046
joined: 10/10/13 @ 02:33
location: Arizona

Re: ask anything thread

postby Crazyblackman » 10/14/13 @ 16:45

Idk where the hell that picture was before but I do like that look.. Kind of want it a little less + offset but well see what happens when I save the cash first dem bitches ain't cheap. . Know of any good places to pick em up besides Watanabes main website ?
Brutus- 1.6l "meow" turbo miata
user avatar
Sploinkin
//elite
posts: 526
joined: 10/08/13 @ 17:52
location: Vancouver, WA

Re: ask anything thread

postby Sploinkin » 10/14/13 @ 16:50

Autocrossing yesterday, the outside of my front tires look like they got a bit hotter/more worn out than the rest of the tire. What does that mean? Do I need to actually play with tire pressure?
phillyb™ wrote:and we still listened. just proving once more that cpb is cooler than your gf
user avatar
andy
donated to the club!
posts: 713
joined: 10/08/13 @ 16:58
location: Miami, Florida

Re: ask anything thread

postby andy » 10/14/13 @ 18:58

revlimiter wrote:Yes, the front R-lip lowers drag. There's a reason all the Spec guys have them on their cars.


But is it anything I would notice? Im not tracking the car, just fun when I want to drive it kind of car.
user avatar
minto
//elite
posts: 121
joined: 10/11/13 @ 00:50
location: Scotland - Land of the COLD!
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby minto » 11/18/13 @ 12:28

phillyb™ wrote:ugh, yeah. i meant to mention that.
site's dead. lol


Touge Auto changed to Zilla life

http://www.zillalife.com/

:phillyb™: :phillyb™: :phillyb™:
[ Minty.Fresh NA8 | RX8 | JZX100 ]
image
user avatar
bigx5murf
donated to the club!
posts: 729
joined: 10/11/13 @ 16:38

Re: ask anything thread

postby bigx5murf » 11/18/13 @ 14:52

I've been doing the online dating thing. 90% of them are super fat in person, and the remaining 10% is bat shit crazy. What do I do?
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
user avatar
Mazduh
//elite
posts: 657
joined: 10/17/13 @ 21:28
location: South Chicago

Re: ask anything thread

postby Mazduh » 11/18/13 @ 15:08

bigx5murf wrote:I've been doing the online dating thing. 90% of them are super fat in person, and the remaining 10% is bat shit crazy. What do I do?


Put your dick in all of them. Let nature take it's course. :tits:

But honestly, online dating is only good for hookups if you ask me. If I was looking for an actual quality relationship I wouldn't look there. The best way to get those sort of things is to get involved with groups doing things. Like joining a team of some sort like beach volleyball or like a bowling team. There's a thing in Chicago called Events and Adventures which organizes all sorts of shit to do in the city for singles to attend. It's meant to get you out there doing something and just networking and meeting new people. Finding a person of interest comes later and you'll be more prone to get to know the ladies in no pressure sort of situation. Plus when your having fun doing what you do, your naturally more attractive to the opposite sex. Just be active and put yourself in social situations where there are females and the rest will just come to you. If your a chive person there's tons of chive members who frequently have meetups etc at bars and other locations. I know redditors do meetups as well too. Maybe see if there's any local groups that do pub-crawls etc in your area.
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
user avatar
phillyb™
//banned
posts: 5567
joined: 10/01/13 @ 16:06
contact:

Re: ask anything thread

postby phillyb™ » 11/19/13 @ 13:24

i'm not reading everything that phil posted. but good on you oli.
fuck all t3h bitches. fat and ugly included.
give them aids.
don't get caught
user avatar
Derek
donated to the club!
posts: 1001
joined: 10/02/13 @ 09:58
location: Lanc-Gnar

Re: ask anything thread

postby Derek » 11/20/13 @ 09:50

bigx5murf wrote:I've been doing the online dating thing. 90% of them are super fat in person, and the remaining 10% is bat shit crazy. What do I do?


There is a reason all those girls on online dating.

That being said, I have had a couple friends find successful relationships on the pay sites, one is meow engaged to said girl after dating for 3(?) years.

The free sites are worthless, I hear my roommate bitching all the time because he is too cheap to pay for it. And we live in a young town full of girls, so I don't know why he's bothering with free online dating.
1990 Miata, SNC 1.6, DIY Randall, R-Package Lip, Overnight parts from Japan.
1979 XS650, far from stock.
1995 Sportster, 'merica. Wrecked.
2007 Sportster, 'merica 2.0.
user avatar
Mazduh
//elite
posts: 657
joined: 10/17/13 @ 21:28
location: South Chicago

Re: ask anything thread

postby Mazduh » 11/20/13 @ 09:59

Derek wrote:
bigx5murf wrote:I've been doing the online dating thing. 90% of them are super fat in person, and the remaining 10% is bat shit crazy. What do I do?


There is a reason all those girls on online dating.

That being said, I have had a couple friends find successful relationships on the pay sites, one is meow engaged to said girl after dating for 3(?) years.

The free sites are worthless, I hear my roommate bitching all the time because he is too cheap to pay for it. And we live in a young town full of girls, so I don't know why he's bothering with free online dating.


Honestly I used to scour plentyoffish. So many easy girls for the taking. But I don't mind the fatties, it's all tight and pink on the inside juu know? :tits:
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
user avatar
Derek
donated to the club!
posts: 1001
joined: 10/02/13 @ 09:58
location: Lanc-Gnar

Re: ask anything thread

postby Derek » 11/20/13 @ 10:05

Mazduh wrote:Honestly I used to scour plentyoffish. So many easy girls for the taking. But I don't mind the fatties, it's all tight and pink on the inside juu know? :tits:


Yeah, I've also told him if he's gonna keep complaining to stop bitching and just bang the chubbies.
1990 Miata, SNC 1.6, DIY Randall, R-Package Lip, Overnight parts from Japan.
1979 XS650, far from stock.
1995 Sportster, 'merica. Wrecked.
2007 Sportster, 'merica 2.0.
user avatar
Mazduh
//elite
posts: 657
joined: 10/17/13 @ 21:28
location: South Chicago

Re: ask anything thread

postby Mazduh » 11/20/13 @ 10:12

Derek wrote:
Mazduh wrote:Honestly I used to scour plentyoffish. So many easy girls for the taking. But I don't mind the fatties, it's all tight and pink on the inside juu know? :tits:


Yeah, I've also told him if he's gonna keep complaining to stop bitching and just bang the chubbies.


In my experience, they usually put out sooner and are freakier... I had this one girl who I totally fell for the "Myspace angles" on her page. Turns out she probably weighed the same as me. I was maybe like 170lbs at the time. She wasn't bad looking just chubby. At first I wanted to run when she was walking to my car, but then I decided, fuck it. And turns out we ended up having a pretty decent date. She was fun to be around. Plus she probably gave me the best head of my life and swallowed everything. We kept seeing each other for another 2 times and each one was phantastic. Thinking back on it I kinda miss it. Not really her par-say, just the like rush of not wanted anyone to see who your with and being kinda embarrassed but damn it feels so good kinda feeling lol. I know, I'm an asshole. Oh to be single again... :kitty:
05' Mx-5 w/ bolts ons, ms2e, 650cc injectors, stock turbo @12psi.
Instagram: Mazduh

Stoly wrote:Ever tasted a saltier dick than mine?
user avatar
bigx5murf
donated to the club!
posts: 729
joined: 10/11/13 @ 16:38

Re: ask anything thread

postby bigx5murf » 11/20/13 @ 14:49

Well, I'm on both free and pay sites. Also, every other girl here seems to be a single mom. I'm good with kids, but I feel bad, because they get attached to me easily. So, I'm afraid I'll traumatize them when their bat shit crazy mom makes me run.

I've done the whole hogging thing back in college. I don't mind thick girls, actually kinda like em. But when I call a girl super fat... she's too close to my weight for comfort.
Life is simple, you make choices, you don't look back.
user avatar
Skinny
the ginger ninjer
posts: 1590
joined: 10/09/13 @ 09:38
location: Snake Mountain

Re: ask anything thread

postby Skinny » 11/20/13 @ 15:25

I went on a date with a girl from eharmony once, we pretty much just ended up smoking pot in her car listening to the Deftones. She then killed herself.
In 30 seconds you'll be dead and I'll be home in time for Corn Flakes.
user avatar
Sploinkin
//elite
posts: 526
joined: 10/08/13 @ 17:52
location: Vancouver, WA

Re: ask anything thread

postby Sploinkin » 11/20/13 @ 15:35

Skinny wrote:I went on a date with a girl from eharmony once, we pretty much just ended up smoking pot in her car listening to the Deftones. She then killed herself.


Did she get in the trunk first or did you do that?
phillyb™ wrote:and we still listened. just proving once more that cpb is cooler than your gf

return to “general car discussion”

who is online

users browsing this phorum: no registered users and 1 guest